Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
No the world isn't what it used to be, but it still doesn't explain why Britain cannot be a prosperous nation outside of the European union. How do so many countries in the world achieve this but we cannot?

They exist in a different continent.

Seriously if we left the EU we would be like Norway, having to comply with all the rules but with 0 say on making them.

If my points lead you to call me a retard, then you are ill mannered and can't be reasoned with.

Wouldn't dream of calling you a retard. Just because you came up with an extremely silly point doesn't make you silly by association, just uninformed on the subject.

This thread, and it's predecessors, show what's wrong in this country, a lack of empathy for others. I don't know what happens to someone on the right and why a lot of them seem to simply not care about their fellow human beings. I don't mean taking tramps in and giving them a bed or even donating to charity, I mean some people hear really seem to not care about those less fortunate than themselves and I don't mean people on the dole who have no interest in getting work.

This thread, and it's predecessors, show what's wrong in this country, a lack of empathy for others. I don't know what happens to someone on the right and why a lot of them seem to simply not care about their fellow human beings. I don't mean taking tramps in and giving them a bed or even donating to charity, I mean some people hear really seem to not care about those less fortunate than themselves and I don't mean people on the dole who have no interest in getting work.

Right wingers have always been the same. Ego masquerading as humility.

They exist in a different continent.

Seriously if we left the EU we would be like Norway, having to comply with all the rules but with 0 say on making them.

Wouldn't dream of calling you a retard. Just because you came up with an extremely silly point doesn't make you silly by association, just uninformed on the subject.

But we would have %100 say on how our own country is governed. Ultimately any union cannot survive without consent from the people. Look at Britain, we could well live to see Scotland exit the United Kingdom. This is a country with which we share a language, common law, are landlocked etc..

If this cannot survive, how can a union with people of different languages, cultural values etc ?

Leaving the Eu would be bad for the economy in the medium term until we could build up new trade agreements and alter our economy sufficiently. Maybe 10 years with a good government. However is it a price worth paying given the social benefits of not having ridiculous immigration? After all we're not running the "give an eastern European a job" charity are we?

My personal objection is that my ancestors have worked hard for centuries to build Britain up to what it is now and it's complete BS that any unskilled person from Poland can get a £30 flight over, sign up with an agency and get the benefits of that hard work while we still have 5% unemployment who are all capable of doing these unskilled jobs.

But since they have no interest in doing those jobs and we seem to incentive sitting on your backside who's going to do them?

Well actually all the available evidence points to it! :p

(The polls could be wrong though)

Isn't it currently tied? And the Tories were in front before that, so based on current polls you couldn't reliably say Labour will edge it...

No the world isn't what it used to be, but it still doesn't explain why Britain cannot be a prosperous nation outside of the European union. How do so many countries in the world achieve this but we cannot?

Tony Blair banged the EU trumpet hard with his end game already mapped out.... for him to work for the EU itself.

I would love to see us out of it. Some of the laws and policies forced onto us by the EU are a total hindrance.

Norway is a good example of how to do it.

I prefer the Conservative route of doing this via a referendum.

I agree with that on the whole but frankly this is GD on OCUK, if you clearly are a human being you'll be shot down in flames, if you're also Scottish then they'll also take the effort to urinate on you too, which is kind if you think about it as you're on fire..

If you show an opinion that they don't agree with then they will debate it vigorously with someone completely unrelated who takes up your cause and twists it relentlessly to their own agenda over the course of 10 pages :p

Which is why I tend to stick to the gaming sections and members market, far more reasonable people in there :)

Amazing shows how many people who use OCUK have no sense of the reality of most peoples everyday lives.

No idea what this is supposed to mean, but won't stop me voting Conservative when I leave work, even if only to try and ensure Labour do not get in.

Whatever happens the only thing I am confident of is that we will no longer have conservatives in government; thank god for that :)

I don't think anyone can be that certain. I didn't vote in 2010, but this time round I will - I believe this year there is more interest in the election (at least talking to people at work, and friends/family)

I agree with that on the whole but frankly this is GD on OCUK, if you clearly are a human being you'll be shot down in flames, if you're also Scottish then they'll also take the effort to urinate on you too, which is kind if you think about it as you're on fire..

If you show an opinion that they don't agree with then they will debate it vigorously with someone completely unrelated who takes up your cause and twists it relentlessly to their own agenda over the course of 10 pages :p

Which is why I tend to stick to the gaming sections and members market, far more reasonable people in there :)

I read this and thought, this guys a long time forum member. Then I checked and saw you joined in 2003. You summed up GD perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom