• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Still no mention at all on the BBC. ITV News reported it very briefly before moving onto general political stuff. Does look like they've all been asked not to report it.

Caporegime
Still no mention at all on the BBC. ITV News reported it very briefly before moving onto general political stuff. Does look like they've all been asked not to report it.

police don't want more idiots hearing about it and heading down there making things worse. they'd rather get it under control before the news starts bigging it up as a major event, leading to all the chancres thinking they can go down and hide in the crowd an do a bit of looting etc.

Soldato
I have to say I do feel sorry for the LibDems and what they've experienced is yet another effect of our fundamentally flawed system.

They've obviously been punished heavily for their perceived "sell out" in forming a coalition with the Conservatives but what exactly where they supposed to do?

They received so much criticism from their supporters for back-tracking on promises such as tuition fees but these people seem to be forgetting one simple fact - they didn't win! They came third in the 2010 election and were in the position of making a simple choice - do we form a coalition with one of the two main parties, try to influence them and fight for some of our principles whilst accepting we'll have to sacrifice others, or refuse to form such a coalition and fight on a vote-by-vote basis in parliament?

Presumably those who criticised them so much would rather they'd stick to their principles and done the latter yet the reality is they'd have had very little influence and would quite possibly have achieved far less than they did.

The thing is, with our flawed FPTP system, the 2010 result was the best the LibDems were ever likely to achieve. They were never going to win power outright so the 2010 result gave them the best chance they'd ever have of actually having some serious influence in government. Of course they had to take it, even if it meant sacrificing some things. It's this to which Clegg refers when he talks of "doing the right thing for the country if not the party" and I agree with him.

Succinctly put, and quite correct. I feel sympathy for Clegg as I genuinely feel he was the most trustworthy of 3 big party leaders.
I have never voted for LibDem wishy washy rubbish, but I will admit to them having two good leaders (along with some weirdos too). Give me Clegg and Pantsdown over Wallace and Blair every day of the week.

Caporegime
David needs to put the "Sicssors" down apparently, excellent advice.

2qi8b4m.png

Back
Top Bottom