Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
iykEVOR.jpg

Supposedly anti-tory protests taking place in the capital, and the met have asked the BBC not to report.

If that's true it is absolutely pathetic.
Not the supposed request to not report it but the idiots protesting against a democratically elected Government, especially when that Government holds all the cards no matter how you look at the election.
Has there ever been any public demonstrations from the opposition when the left wing has gained a majority?

Man of Honour
What's even funnier, is under PR which is what many want. Cons would be even stronger with all the ukip mps. Making it even further away from what they want.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
If that's true it is absolutely pathetic.
Not the supposed request to not report it but the idiots protesting against a democratically elected Government, especially when that Government holds all the cards no matter how you look at the election.
Has there ever been any public demonstrations from the opposition when the left wing has gained a majority?

I believe some Conservative voters tutted loudly over their tea when Blair won, does that count? :D

Soldato
Not that i agree with it, but you have to understand that protest is a valid part of democracy just as much as voting, and you can certainly sympathise with the anger they're feeling. Something tells me this is going to become more of a common occurrence over the next five years.

Caporegime
Not that i agree with it, but you have to understand that protest is a valid part of democracy just as much as voting, and you can certainly sympathise with the anger they're feeling. Something tells me this is going to become more of a common occurrence over the next five years.

When you systematically crush sections of society and remove hope from them, then people will always take to the streets.

Caporegime
democratically elected Government, especially when that Government holds all the cards no matter how you look at the election.

This is just it, all i see online is butthurt left wing looney's now saying it is all unfair and that there needs to be electoral reform...but then the Conservatives would still be most popular party and if anything the strongest and most representative government would be a Con/UKIP coalition.

Soldato
probably made 0 difference to your area anyone.

unless the guy lost by one vote.

I think FTP puts a lot of people off voting knowing there vote won't count unless it's for one of 2 candidates.
tbh the main reason i don't bother is because i wouldn't want to waste my time going through the polices of the different parties to see which i liked the best.

I see you live in Leeds, was Ed Balls your local M.P?
no. it was a guy called greg i think.

Man of Honour

Protest is fine.
Anti social behaviour and disruption has no part in a democracy.
They are in a minority, deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom