• Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Would you want an unqualified surgeon operating on you? Would you want someone without a pilot's license flying you? Qualifications maintain basic minimum standards.

Teaching really isn't the same as the above. I would put passion and knowledge for the subject over knowledge of Vygotsky, Pavlov or Bandura.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
So how do you make sure that a teacher is reasonably passionate and knowledgeable before letting them teach?

Not by putting them through a PGCE that is for sure, that isn't a course you pass but one you endure!

I would suggest at interview, during probation, the sort of thing that happens in most jobs?

Soldato
I don't care, BBC is just Parliaments mouthpiece.

The BBC are playing nice to the Tories after the way they behaved during the elections, and now they're bricking it because the BBC review is up in a couple of years. Expect the BBC to drop their left wing bias for a while, at least until after the review is done.

Soldato
The BBC are playing nice to the Tories after the way they behaved during the elections, and now they're bricking it because the BBC review is up in a couple of years. Expect the BBC to drop their left wing bias for a while, at least until after the review is done.

What did they do to the Tories? Seriously, anything you can point to, as can't say it's something I have noticed.

Caporegime
Not by putting them through a PGCE that is for sure, that isn't a course you pass but one you endure!

I would suggest at interview, during probation, the sort of thing that happens in most jobs?

If it's a job in say, retail then yes. Most professional positions require you to have minimum qualifications as well.

Suspended

It'll be interesting to see what the outcome of that is; particularly whether any changes are made to the way it is funded.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
If it's a job in say, retail then yes. Most professional positions require you to have minimum qualifications as well.

Even if it means cutting some really good teachers out of the profession because they haven't ticked a few boxes?

Soldato
The defacing of the memorial is so so sad it's unreal. It's these kind of people who will be preaching holier than thou rants, the hypocrisy is unreal. Defacing that memorial though, it makes me want to go there and hurt people.

Caporegime
Even if it means cutting some really good teachers out of the profession because they haven't ticked a few boxes?

Yep, in the same way I want to cut a few really good architects, doctors, engineers, lawyers, accountants out of the profession because they haven't ticked a few boxes.

Caporegime
The defacing of the memorial is so so sad it's unreal. It's these kind of people who will be preaching holier than thou rants, the hypocrisy is unreal. Defacing that memorial though, it makes me want to go there and hurt people.
saw a good twitter quote doing the rounds earlier
I don't have a problem with this. The bravery of past generations does not oblige us to be cowards today.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
What's wrong with a PGCE?
My son's doing one next year at Cambridge, hopefully he's made the right choice!

Nothing wrong with it per se, just it isn't the be all and end all of teaching. They are fairly painful and have a stupid amount of paperwork involved in them. The assignments are a joke and really get in the way of learning to be a teacher. Finally how easy/useful it is depends an awful lot on the relationship you have with your school based mentor, if that goes sour then you can have a fairly rotten time of it.

Back
Top Bottom