• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
That's probably the most unintelligent comment I've ever read. Notwithstanding the fact that they have directed their 'anger' at monuments instead of to those they hold 'responsible', in precisely what way are the Goverment cowards?

That quote in no way implies the government are cowards.

Suspended
That quote in no way implies the government are cowards.

Apologies, I mis-read. That said, I am still not happy with it. So the author is contending they are being brave by defacing monuments and behaving like wild animals? They need to understand what being brave is.

They can still make their point effectively through peaceful demonstration. As soon as I see behaviour like yesterday I switch off and any possibility I may have listened is gone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Teaching is an innate ability, you are either good at it or you aren't. A degree in a particular subject simply confirms a recognised level of knowledge, not how skilled one is in presenting that knowledge to others.

Rubbish. Having spent many years as a teacher I have met people who were poor to start with but with the help and encouragement of their colleagues have become good teachers. A person can have more empathy towards children and be considered a 'great guy' but will be poor teachers. Teacher training helps with teaching skills which is why it is important.

Suspended
Rubbish. Having spent many years as a teacher I have met people who were poor to start with but with the help and encouragement of their colleagues have become good teachers. A person can have more empathy towards children and be considered a 'great guy' but will be poor teachers. Teacher training helps with teaching skills which is why it is important.

It's not rubbish. I've met many teachers over the years; the best are always naturally gifted in my experience. I am not disputing that coaching, training and experience can improve ability, but the best are naturally gifted. There's just an intangible quality about them.

Caporegime
Yeah but, it took them awhile to put it up and don't seem to be reporting on anything else.

First you claim they're not covering it, now you admit they're covering it but 'it took them a while to put it up and don't seem to be reporting on anything else'? :confused:

Where's your evidence that it took them a while to put up, and what does 'don't seem to be reporting on anything else' refer to?

I don't care, BBC is just Parliaments mouthpiece.

Yeah, the Hutton Inquiry sure proved that! :rolleyes:

The BBC are playing nice to the Tories after the way they behaved during the elections, and now they're bricking it because the BBC review is up in a couple of years. Expect the BBC to drop their left wing bias for a while, at least until after the review is done.

I wish the nutters on this forum would get their story straight. Half of them are claiming the BBC ran right wing propaganda during the election, while the other half are complaining that the BBC ran left wing propaganda. If you're being equally criticised from both sides it's probably a sign that you're presenting a balanced view. So go on, BBC! Go for gold! :D

Soldato
It's not rubbish. I've met many teachers over the years; the best are always naturally gifted in my experience. I am not disputing that coaching, training and experience can improve ability, but the best are naturally gifted. There's just an intangible quality about them.

Is it 'naturally gifted' or is it the result of years of learning and experience? I have yet to meet a 'naturally gifted' teacher. I have met guys that were extremely intelligent but poor teachers. One I remembered vividly on my PGCE was streets ahead of everyone academically but to his credit after his placements said that actual teaching was a nightmare and he changed career.
Some teachers I have met were immersed in teaching from a young age because their parent/parents were teachers but again that is learning.

Caporegime
the army with it's future spending in doubt?

no surprise it's struggling as it will turn into the second iraq war again with serving soldiers asking there family to send them over boots and other essential kit because the government has no money and already gave the stuff away to foreign "freedom fighter groups" I mean ISIS sympathisers

Soldato
+1
How on earth can you think it is a good quote. It's utter BS.
Fighting for freedom and everything else. Does not mean fighting to allow criminal behaviour.

This.

The fallen gave their all so that we could live free from oppression, not so we could throw our toys out of the pram when democracy gave us a result we didn't want.

Soldato
How many successful unqualified surgeons are there? How many successful unqualified pilots are there? How many successful unqualified teachers are there? Oh wait, you don't get successful unqualified surgeons and pilots, but some of the best teachers are 'unqualified'.

I'm sure some of the best pilots don't have the right qualifications to fly a 747. Would you open the gates to all unqualified pilots just so we can attract these few?

Yes, requiring basic minimum qualifications does exclude some exceptional people but it also keeps out a lot of terrible people too.

Again, if they're so bad, why were there more under Labour?

Unqualified teacher (a teacher who hasn't completed their training yet) != unqualified person teaching.

And what Labour introduced did work? Why were so many kids leaving school without the basic literacy and numeracy skills?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...rate-and-numerate-in-the-developed-world.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-24433320

Better not move away from that... it's going so well... :o:(

Does the new curriculum copy the likes of the Netherlands and Finland or move further away from them?

Finland's teachers are well-paid, trusted to do the job and require higher levels of qualification than those in the UK.

Free schools which stemmed from academies which Labour first introduced - there seems to be a pattern here... 'bad things' which Labour were first to do, or did more, etc!

You trust Labour to be right based on their aforementioned past record?

I think most educators thought that Labour did a pretty terrible job too. The main problem being too much change.

He was moved because the unions/teachers/Facebook retards had spacked out so much he was going to be a political negative in the general election, imo. He did a difficult job which was always going to attract a lot of heat... unsurprisingly he's straight back into a big role now...

His 'big role' is career suicide. Gove has been chosen to do a hatchet job on the ECHR. It's only going to take a handful of rebels to bring down the UK's withdrawal from the ECHR - something that's going to look very embarrassing. None of the intellectual heavyweights in the party want to be associated with that stink.

Also, this is amazing:

CEoWbIAWIAA0Xpo.jpg:medium

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's probably the most unintelligent comment I've ever read. Notwithstanding the fact that they have directed their 'anger' at monuments instead of to those they hold 'responsible', in precisely what way are the Goverment cowards?

I think the cowardice comment is about not standing up for what you believe in...

No reason for the graffiti to be sprayed on to a memorial, but on the other hand no need to get so overexcited about a bit of paint sprayed on a bit of masonry/stone. It hasn't killed or hurt anyone and it'll be removed fairly quickly.

It's a bit like those that burn flags and books, they don't actually hurt anyone, just rile up a few over sensitive types.

Caporegime
Is it 'naturally gifted' or is it the result of years of learning and experience? I have yet to meet a 'naturally gifted' teacher. I have met guys that were extremely intelligent but poor teachers. One I remembered vividly on my PGCE was streets ahead of everyone academically but to his credit after his placements said that actual teaching was a nightmare and he changed career.
Some teachers I have met were immersed in teaching from a young age because their parent/parents were teachers but again that is learning.

Personally the the best teacher I ever had was "unqualified". He spent 30 years in industry and moved over to teaching. We had him for both chemistry and physics at A-Level, which is quite impressive in itself...

Personally the the best teacher I ever had was "unqualified". He spent 30 years in industry and moved over to teaching. We had him for both chemistry and physics at A-Level, which is quite impressive in itself...

The best teachers are ones who have seen the real world, with real risk of redundancy, real deadlines, a long week with just 25 stat holidays etc.

Back
Top Bottom