• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
I find it more depressing than anything and just paints a worrysome picture of the UK population. It is not particularly surprising that a party with populist views is popular, sure they did better than previous loony parties but that is in part explained by the con-lab issues.

Well... yes. It does bring into stark daylight the sheer nastiness and self-interest of the average English person (the other parts of the UK are generally much more progressive). More so given the seeming lack of vote-drain from the Tories (despite 4 million right-wing UKIP voters, we still have a Conservative majority!).

Soldato
To be fair, he resigned like he said he would, the party then rejected it and told him not to be so hard on himself as he had done a great job and the party/supporters were pleased with him and his work.

I don't really see anything wrong.

I just wish the Lib Dems had the testicles to give Clegg the same treatment because after five years of living under David Cameron with no Clegg reigning him in the voters who abandoned him because they felt "betrayed" will be begging him for another opportunity to vote for him.

Soldato
The difference is that with Milliband or Clegg, party members wanted them gone because they failed, but UKIP members wanted Farage to stay. I'll be honest and say he shouldn't have said he'd resign if he lost in the first place, but he's now where he should be, still he should have that summer holiday

LOL.. You really are a loon.

No, the difference is in your head. He's s ****house, he hasn't even got the integrity to keep his word. In reality he's made of the same stuff, through and through. Clegg and Miliband have at least had the good manners to walk away having failed. Problem is UKIP are a one man band, the only time you get to hear their MP's names is when they are being kicked out for burning another cross in the backgarden.

To be honest I don't really give a stuff, generally politics irritates me, disgust me or make me laugh. Maybe we need a comedy hero in these austere times...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
2020 will be interesting, but I think this will be ukips best result by a mile.
Weak Labour, punishing LD, possible EU referendum. Can't see them keeping that vote share.

Soldato
I just wish the Lib Dems had the testicles to give Clegg the same treatment because after five years of living under David Cameron with no Clegg reigning him in the voters who abandoned him because they felt "betrayed" will be begging him for another opportunity to vote for him.

I agree with you on that, I think Clegg deserved another chance actually and shouldn't have resigned, he did a good job generally being in coalition and did two things i thought was good in 5 years.

Rasing the tax allowance and stopping the snoopers chater, for that i give him credit

Soldato
The butt hurt is glorious :D :D

It's only going to get worse for you :cool:

I was being sarcastic as I actually voted for him.

original.jpg

Soldato
I'm hoping it doesn't go anywhere near full term as I'll be 59 then

I WANT IT NOW !!

One funny thing happened here though (Peterborough)

I went to see my ageing uncle with a vid I compiled for him and we got talking politics and I forget he was almost as Rabid Labour as my old man was.

Ukip took the council seat in his zone !!

Mwahahahaha

Caporegime
The anti-kippers moan and incapable of seeing the facts, i'm not surprised either :p

No one's moaning. Farage reneged.

E: I think it would be more moaning if I actually cared.

I don't expect you to understand that he's a slimy politican just like the rest, but thats ok :).

Last edited:
Soldato
No one's moaning. Farage reneged.

Erm how? he tended his resignation and it was rejected.

If clegg had been as loved by his party they would have done the same. I suspect you would be defending clegg.

This anti UKIP frenzy is getting old now. Just let it go and see what happens in the next few years... my guess is they will fade away, assuming the tories act within reason and the economy does well.

Back
Top Bottom