Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Explain Sports Direct…

Think that's covered by the unscrupulous employers clause...

There is nothing wrong with zero hours contracts as an idea, unfortunately some companies seem to have made it a business model.

Much like the so called "bedroom tax" (spare room subsidy) it's a fine idea but not necessarily put in practice properly. A few small changes (such as restricting it's use for long term employees/only allowing a certain percentage of employees on it in businesses over a certain size, and for the subsidy not reducing the subsidy if there are no suitable houses for people to move in to) would make all the difference.

Soldato
Well I never, almost like it was "meant" to be this way
Nigel Farage is to stay on as leader of UKIP after his resignation was rejected unanimously by the party.

I thought Ukip wasn't a one man show?

Soldato
I'm not a lefty, I just hate the man

Plus I thought you were dead against politicians going back against their word?

He did resign, got rejected and convinced him to stay, nothing wrong with that, not sure why he should disappear because of the haters want him to when nearly everyone in UKIP wants him to stay.

I'm glad he's going to stick around if it's going to wind you up :D

Soldato
He did resign, got rejected and convinced him to stay, nothing wrong with that, not sure why he should disappear because of the haters want him to when nearly everyone in UKIP wants him to stay.

I'm glad he's going to stick around if it's going to wind you up :D

Surely because the argument everyone who supports Ukip comes up with is that it's not a one man vanity experiment, which it is.

The real reason, you KNOW that Ukip would die without "him" at the helm

It does wind me up, least of all because of how every last Ukip supporter goes on and on and on about how he's not like the rest of them, he wouldn't lie and go back on his word, and here, plain as day he has!

If this was Milliband or Clegg you'd all be banging on about how it's just a big lie from the establishment parties and they never really meant to resign.

Nothing but a bunch of hypocritical idiots who can't see past their "dear leaders" ego experiment

Soldato
Good.

As long as he's in charge nothing will ever come of UKIP :)

I don't think coming from nowhere to 3rd most popular party in the UK in only 5 years can be classed as nothing, and with Farage in charge UKIP will be in a good position come 2020

Statement from Steve Crowther, Chairman of UKIP:
"As promised Nigel Farage tendered his official resignation as leader of UKIP to the NEC. This offer was unanimously rejected by the NEC members who produced overwhelmingly evidence that the UKIP membership did not want Nigel to go.
"The NEC also concluded that UKIP's general election campaign had been a great success. We have fought a positive campaign with a very good manifesto and despite relentless, negative attacks and an astonishing last minute swing to the Conservatives over fear of the SNP, that in these circumstances, 4 million votes was an extraordinary achievement.
"On that basis Mr Farage withdrew his resignation and will remain leader of UKIP. In addition the NEC recognised that the referendum campaign has already begun this week and we need our best team to fight that campaign led by Nigel. He has therefore been persuaded by the NEC to withdraw his resignation and remains leader of UKIP."

Soldato
Rofl...

So the one promise he made that could be tested "If I don't win I'll resign" is going to be broken within what? 4 days. Hmmm... I wonder how may of his other 'promises' would have been out the window when it suited. Short and tall of it, he's a self serving, swivel eye'd, git identical to all the other political parties. No news there then.

Did I also read 'Boris' has a place in the new Conservative cabinet, you couldn't make it up.

Soldato
There's no point in strong feelings either way, we all knew it was likely he wouldn't win the seat, would quit as leader to keep his word, and come straight back into the job.

The fact is nobody else in the party could fill his shoes (because of the lack of quality and his personification of the party, not his genius).

Soldato
Perhaps he was hoping that his resignation would be a big story in the event of him losing, and would keep UKIP in the public eye, but now as Ed and Nick resigned on the same day, UKIP lost publicity to higher profile resignations, and decided to undo the decision?

Back
Top Bottom