Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Rofl...

So the one promise he made that could be tested "If I don't win I'll resign" is going to be broken within what? 4 days. Hmmm... I wonder how may of his other 'promises' would have been out the window when it suited. Short and tall of it, he's a self serving, swivel eye'd, git identical to all the other political parties. No news there then.

Love how the UKIPers spout on how their party is different :D

Soldato
The difference is that with Milliband or Clegg, party members wanted them gone because they failed, but UKIP members wanted Farage to stay. I'll be honest and say he shouldn't have said he'd resign if he lost in the first place, but he's now where he should be, still he should have that summer holiday

Soldato
Perhaps he was hoping that his resignation would be a big story in the event of him losing, and would keep UKIP in the public eye, but now as Ed and Nick resigned on the same day, UKIP lost publicity to higher profile resignations, and decided to undo the decision?

Lol blind faith.

Soldato
The difference is that with Milliband or Clegg, party members wanted them gone because they failed, but UKIP members wanted Farage to stay. I'll be honest and say he shouldn't have said he'd resign if he lost in the first place, but he's now where he should be, still he should have that summer holiday

So its's clear Farage is not a man of his word

Together with UKIP proving they are a one man band

Soldato
Being a muesli eating, Guardian reading, lefty liberal, I have little time for UKIP and their policies. But I can't help but be impressed by how well Farage has masterminded the UKIP campaign.

How can anyone not be impressed with a party of paranoid nutcases getting whipped into some semblance of shape to go on and net more than 1/8th of the popular vote? It's an incredible achievement, and (pleasingly for someone who wants to see vote reform) places a massive questioning spotlight over the UK's FPTP system.

Farage stepped down as he promised, and the party has correctly identified him as the man they want to carry on the leadership.

I just hope a radical left wing party can emerge as a ying to UKIP's yang.

Caporegime
Being a muesli eating, Guardian reading, lefty liberal, I have little time for UKIP and their policies. But I can't help but be impressed by how well Farage has masterminded the UKIP campaign.

How can anyone not be impressed with a party of paranoid nutcases getting whipped into some semblance of shape to go on and net more than 1/8th of the popular vote? It's an incredible achievement, and (pleasingly for someone who wants to see vote reform) places a massive questioning spotlight over the UK's FPTP system.

Farage stepped down as he promised, and the party has correctly identified him as the man they want to carry on the leadership.

No.

Caporegime

I find it more depressing than anything and just paints a worrysome picture of the UK population. It is not particularly surprising that a party with populist views is popular, sure they did better than previous loony parties but that is in part explained by the con-lab issues.

Soldato

I can't fault any of this in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom