• Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Remember the fraud rate quotes by the DWP is for confirmed fraud, not suspected fraud or claims that are within the letter but not the spirit of the process.

Incidentally, how should claims be assessed in your eyes?

I used to work on the DWP's fraud system (FRAIMS) for 5 years from design stage, through to deployemnt and through to a muture system - the government deffinately spent more on preventing fraud than they ever saved by stopping fraud. My oncall and overtime claims were probably more than the money lost to fraud! I provided the figures to newpapers but other than the Guardian who ran a short peice a couple of years ago, no of them seemed interested.

Most fraud could be stopped by greatly simplifying the qualification rules and we could actually pay more in benefits by scrapping a lot of beuracratic processes.

It won't happen though, as we seem terrified as a nation of giving something to the "1%" who doesn't deserve it, although in the long run it would cost less and those that really do need it will be better looked after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
The problem is 'your doctor' is not independent. Their income depends on keeping their patients happy

Um, no. Their income depends on meeting industry standards (and government regulations) and not wasting time and resources on people who don't need them and/or can't afford to pay for them. I've never met a doctor who had to close because he couldn't find any more sick people, regardless of whether or not he kept them happy.

(GPs being private companies after all).

That is pretty much the definition of 'independent.'

Permabanned
£12bn going from the sick, unemployed and disabled, pensioners get off scot free! It's a joke they should means test pension benefits like any other, rich old people getting winter fuel etc is a joke!

All the while £100bn on trident, politicians just lack a serious amount of priority when it comes to spending our money, anyone who thinks nuclear weapons are a priority in this day an age needs to **** off back to the cold war

Soldato
£12bn going from the sick, unemployed and disabled, pensioners get off scot free! It's a joke they should means test pension benefits like any other, rich old people getting winter fuel etc is a joke!

All the while £100bn on trident, politicians just lack a serious amount of priority when it comes to spending our money, anyone who thinks nuclear weapons are a priority in this day an age needs to **** off back to the cold war

Thing is most of the wealthy pensioners are probably going to vote Tory, if they dare do anything to upset these wealthy pensioners they'll loose a large percentage of their voters.

The tories know that most people that rely on state help (disabled, enemployed etc) won't vote for them. The next 5 years are going to be very hard for those who are unemployed or those who are too disabled to work. Standard tories that are taking from the poor and giving to the rich.

Man of Honour

How much would means testing pensioner benefits actually save when the costs of sorting the claims is taken into consideration? Making the benefits taxable income would probably save more.

As for trident, do remember the £100bn is the lifetime (20-30 years) cost of replacement. Or in other words, pocket change.

Soldato
I find our final poll results rather interesting, with the exception of labour, we were actually % wise very representative of the country as a whole when they voted.
To get the labour % you seem to have to add in the spoiled/won't vote numbers.
(Actual) figures in brackets : OcUK poll after

Conservative Party (36.9%) 39.45%
Labour Party (30.4%) 18.35%
UK Independence Party (12.6%) 12.03%
Liberal Democrats (7.9%) 7.54%
Scottish National Party (4.7%) 5.10%
Green Party (3.8%) 4.95%
Spoiled/Didn't Vote (Not represented) 10.36%

Permabanned
National defence should come before all other concerns.

:rolleyes: won't do much good if society crumbles, we either have to live in a decent society where the vulnerable get care and support or we live in one where the rich rule and we have shiny weapons. It's says a lot about people who say oh we can't not have nuclear weapons we won't ever use over and above social security!

What has happened to the sense of society, community and compassion?

Soldato
Remember the child tax credits that David Cameron "didn't want to" scrap, well my guess is they'll be first for the chop. Doesn't affect me cos I don't have kids, but I know how much other people rely on those payments.

Why should there be tax benefits at all? Surely if you can't afford to have them ...don't?

Soldato
:rolleyes: won't do much good if society crumbles, we either have to live in a decent society where the vulnerable get care and support or we live in one where the rich rule and we have shiny weapons. It's says a lot about people who say oh we can't not have nuclear weapons we won't ever use over and above social security!

What has happened to the sense of society, community and compassion?

Capitalism?

Back
Top Bottom