Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Mentioned to a colleague at work I'd not voted and if I got around to it I was going to spoil the ballot and she went right off on one about how everyone should be forced to vote for a party and then gave me the cold shoulder the rest of the day lol :S

Nobody cares about spoilt ballots though, there are far more people who don't even bother...

Mentioned to a colleague at work I'd not voted and if I got around to it I was going to spoil the ballot and she went right off on one about how everyone should be forced to vote for a party and then gave me the cold shoulder the rest of the day lol :S

She has a point in some respect though.
People who can't be arsed to vote (everyone can make time, somehow) shouldn't be 'allowed' to discuss politics.
Yet here you are posting in a GE thread.

If you go to all the trouble to go there why not vote for someone who isn't the two main parties.

I don't think you understand what a democracy menas. You vote for parties, the parties make decisions. Otherwise there would be all sorts of chaos, everyone would vote for paying no taxes yet increase spending massively for whatever project they like, any minority group (the rich, the poor) would be heavily targeted. Society would quickly fail.

People can't make educated decisions on matter that they are both not trained in and don't review the evidence.

To vote for a government is one thing. To then have that government essentially vote for another upper tier government to rule them (without letting the voters have their say), well thats surely another.

She has a point in some respect though.
People who can't be arsed to vote (everyone can make time, somehow) shouldn't be 'allowed' to discuss politics.
Yet here you are posting in a GE thread.

Its not that I can't be bothered - there are sticking points for me personally voting for any one party - voting for a party that I feel would be least bad for the country would merely play into the hands of Labour and potentially a Labour/SNP coalition which personally I consider one of the worst outcomes, voting tactically against that outcome would mean voting for a party that I have a problem with at a personal level and couldn't vote for.

The 2 biggest considerations for me personally are defence policies and a parties stance on the whole "inherited burden" thing - only the Conservatives have an approach to the defence side that I could vote for but I dislike their stance towards the "inherited burden" thing and personal freedoms (which if they could get away with they'd happily stifle to a large extent), Lib Dems and UKIP have a stance towards the "inherited burden" stuff that I could vote for but Lib Dems would leave too much to chance on the defence/armed forces front and UKIP go way to much to extremes.

I'll probably go along later with some others who are voting and spoil the ballot but I might as well save the effort really.

Nice evening walk into the village.

Voted green. Not a chance in heck of anything but the conservative guy walking it, too many people in this neck of the woods still have 3+ cars on their drives.

We have 3 too, just we fear not of tomorrow or the next, but for the future.

Its not that I can't be bothered - there are sticking points for me personally voting for any one party - voting for a party that I feel would be least bad for the country would merely play into the hands of Labour and potentially a Labour/SNP coalition which personally I consider one of the worst outcomes, voting tactically against that outcome would mean voting for a party that I have a problem with at a personal level and couldn't vote for.

The 2 biggest considerations for me personally are defence policies and a parties stance on the whole "inherited burden" thing - only the Conservatives have an approach to the defence side that I could vote for but I dislike their stance towards the "inherited burden" thing and personal freedoms, Lib Dems and UKIP have a stance towards the "inherited burden" stuff that I could vote for but Lib Dems would leave too much to chance on the defence/armed forces front and UKIP go way to much to extremes.

I'll probably go along later with some others who are voting and spoil the ballot but I might as well save the effort really.
At least make the effort to go and **** on your paper if there's no-one you fancy.
If you can't be bothered to at least do that, as worthless as it may seem, your opinion is invalid

At least make the effort to go and **** on your paper if there's no-one you fancy.
If you can't be bothered to at least do that, as worthless as it may seem, your opinion is invalid

6szw3b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom