Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
At least make the effort to go and **** on your paper if there's no-one you fancy.
If you can't be bothered to at least do that, as worthless as it may seem, your opinion is invalid

My opinion as outlined above is valid whether I vote/spoil or not.

Good reading by one of the worlds top economists on why austerity has failed and we need to increase sending for there to be a recovery
http://www.theguardian.com/business/ng-interactive/2015/apr/29/the-austerity-delusion

Buuut, it is in the Guardian. You can't spend your way out of debt. And the problem is, the austerity measures that the Conservatives have put in place are working. It is too soon for this country to afford another Labour government. We need at least another term of good economics with the Torys before we can allow the Labour government another spending spree.

Good reading by one of the worlds top economists on why austerity has failed and we need to increase sending for there to be a recovery
http://www.theguardian.com/business/ng-interactive/2015/apr/29/the-austerity-delusion

But it's not invalid. The basic rule is, if you are spending less... you need less. If you need less, you take less.

Shrinking the Government spending is great.

In 5 years time, when public spending is at an all time low.... whoever gets in will get a clean slate and get to decide what to put money into.

We need to get away from fighting fire as a public service throughout. Lets spend to improve. Not spend to maintain.

I voted Conservative this time, but voting Labour in the next general election isn't beyond possibility. It might be their time to be more effective.

It's hard to see it right now, but think ten years ahead in the bigger picture. We need to change where we going.

UKIP voters, look away now

The latest polls are about the lowst yet for UKIP, may2015.com 5 day average of polls is 12.6%
http://www.may2015.com/

Yesterdays polls are:
Lord Ashcroft: 11%
Ipsos MORI 11%
Populus 14%
ICM 11%
BMG 12%
TNS 14%
Opinium 12%
YouGov 12%
Panelbase 16%

Average = 12.6% like the 5 day average.

An important point though is that the online polls consistently put UKIP at a higher voter share, likely some very shy kippers about.

The long downward decline since October has continued but at a much slower place over the last few weeks. There does appear to be a recent drop as people swing back to the big parties.
The interesting thing will be whether the online polls are more reflective of the final vote. In which case UKIP will do much better, but they may not get many more seats. The seats they do get will most likely be from the Tories

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

You really hate UKIP....

I haven't seen someone (with the possible exception of V0n) so rabidly anti a party...

To be fair, the value of vote differs greatly pending on your location.

If you really do live in a certain safe seat & you don't support the incumbent party then the net value of voting is minimal. If anything it's expressing a principle as opposed to doing anything pragmatically useful.

Spoiling a vote is symbolic but ultimately pointless.

If we had proportional representation then voting would retain value regardless of location.

Buuut, it is in the Guardian. You can't spend your way out of debt. .

Actually, you can, or do you have evidence to prove a Nobel prize wining economist, and many other world leading economists are all wrong?

If you do you should get publishing, you will have a great career ahead of you:rolleyes:

I personally dont get the opinion that people who dont vote shouldnt be allowed to discuss politics.

Most of the people who do vote are likely far more stupid than the ones who actively chose not to, but then intelligence is fleeting in this country and getting worse by the generation.

Coddled it too much, imo.

You really hate UKIP....

I haven't seen someone (with the possible exception of V0n) so rabidly anti a party...

The fact is he can't say anything positive about the party he supports (The Greens) because they have been destroyed and torn apart in the election campaign, so like a jealous monster he tries to demean other choices

Ok - going for a kip for a couple of hours (see what i did there?) i want to stay up a bit tonight

Voted, essentially had a choice between Con or Lib Dem here, complete waste of time for anyone that supports Labour or UKIP around here as they poll virtually nothing.

The fact is he can't say anything positive about the party he supports (The Greens) because they have been destroyed and torn apart in the election campaign, so like a jealous monster he tries to demean other choices

Ok - going for a kip for a couple of hours (see what i did there?) i want to stay up a bit tonight

Nonsense, i can say lots of positive things about the Greens but I don't waste my time. The people who vote green know the positives and negatives.

Unfortunately the same can;t be said about UKIP, too many people ignore all evidence and are willing to vote for one of the nastiest parties in UK political history.

Why should you have to vote if you don't feel that any party represents your views?

What do you not understand about democracy. No party will ever represent any individuals views.
It's which party represents your views the most.
Or which party do you feel will make the right choices.

If we all thought like you, no would would ever vote.

Back
Top Bottom