• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Yes but this was for many a vote winner a reason to vote for them they didn't HAVE to form a coalition

Not sure what you mean there.

The lib dens had a choice. Join the opposition and have no say in policy or join a coalition and have a small say in policy. They chose the latter and managed to take the edge of much of the more dangerous conservative policies as well as getting a few of their own policies in. Unfortunately for them they couldn't stop the raising of tuition fees.

Soldato
Green Party has increased their vote share as well so far. They could have taken some of the LD vote.

Nicola blaming Labour, it's her fault lol.

Soldato
England unites against SNP. Good stuff!

I think that's a fair assessment to be honest.

With all the anti-English rhetoric that's been spouted by the SNP in the wake of the referendum last year, I think a lot of people in England & Wales are sick and tired of it and are genuinely scared of the SNP having a significant influence at Westminster.

The fact that their leader is not and has never been an MP in the British government, nor is she standing for election this time, is utterly farcical. She spouts on about Scottish representation at Westminster yet doesn't even stand for election herself?!

Caporegime
Talk of a Tory majority - if IDS is still in charge of welfare, expect the disabled to have to work 7 days a week for £1 a day, if they're lucky :p IDS will probably just have them shot!

We'll soon see how much restraining the Lib Dems actually achieved!

Suspended
Why? If you can't seperate the campaign and alliances for a referendum on splitting a country with general election positions then there is a problem. The same can be said about the LDs.People complaining about the LD "renegading" on their promise of scrapping tuition fees seem to forget that the LDs didn't win the election, they didn't even come close...

Because you are labelling the public as stupid when the problem isn't with the public it's with the parties.

Soldato
Poor Lib Dems :(

I don't know why people are pitying them. I voted Lib Dem in 2010 and the last 5 years have been ball kickingly disappointing. We're talking about a party who made the sternest, core-belief promises about tuition fees during the election, did the opposite when in government and now hold the view that they shouldn't be reduced. They're a charade of a party and deserve every lost seat.

I couldn't swap my vote fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom