• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
so, scotland voted "no" to leave UK, but was'nt that Alex Salmon? and Nicola Sturgon took over from him? now majority of Scotland are voting for SNP? i'm prolly just making an error here due to execess wine but going on the exit thing, Scotland wanna leave?

Bottled leaving at last minute, but want more power regardless. Independence inevitable soon I think

Man of Honour
Well if they are looking at 140 seats. That's only one poling station per seat from which you extrapolate for the entire seat.

On average that is 157 votes per seat you are using to predict very marginal seats. I think the uncertainty is high at a seat by seat level.

Most of the certainty comes from aggregating back up to a national level.

I don't know how many they've gone to. You said 140.

Caporegime
I think that's hugely unfair to the electorate TBH.

Why? If you can't seperate the campaign and alliances for a referendum on splitting a country with general election positions then there is a problem. The same can be said about the LDs.People complaining about the LD "renegading" on their promise of scrapping tuition fees seem to forget that the LDs didn't win the election, they didn't even come close...

Caporegime
It's looking like the entire Lib Dem coalition negotiating party is going to lose their seats; what are they going to do if they do need to negotiate?

After Nuneaton, it really does look like the exit poll is going to pan out. Britain, I am disappoint.

Man of Honour
Oh dear, exit poll expected a swing to labour at Nuneaton and it actually swing to con.
I don't now what I want now, I wanted another con/LD coalition :(.

Caporegime
That is a shame, the lib dens as a minority party in coalition managed to restrict Tory excesses and push through some good policies of their own the credit for which the Tories have managed to pinch!

To suggest they could have done more is simply the British electorate failing to understand coalition politics where one party has 300 seats and the other 50! I think long term history won't judge nick and the party as harshly as they do today as we get used to the politics of coalition. Hopefully the party can rebuild it's support over the next parliament and get back to where it was.

Well said. :)

Oh dear, a conservative majority?! Almost as bad as a labour majority! :(

Soldato
Why? If you can't seperate the campaign and alliances for a referendum on splitting a country with general election positions then there is a problem. The same can be said about the LDs.People complaining about the LD "renegading" on their promise of scrapping tuition fees seem to forget that the LDs didn't win the election, they didn't even come close...

Yes but this was for many a vote winner a reason to vote for them they didn't HAVE to form a coalition

tbh

tbh

Associate
so, scotland voted "no" to leave UK, but was'nt that Alex Salmon? and Nicola Sturgon took over from him? now majority of Scotland are voting for SNP? i'm prolly just making an error here due to execess wine but going on the exit poll thing, Scotland wanna leave?
All the folks (around 45% of the population) who voted Yes in the referendum have switched from Labour to SNP, whilst the remaining 55% of votes are split between Labour, Lib Dems, Tories, UKIP, Greens... not hard to see why the SNP are making huge gains really.

Back
Top Bottom