• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
They haven't done true random sampling though. They have picked 140 polling stations.

I can imagine there are strong biases by polling station due to the demographics and affluence of the surrounding area. You'd like to think those biases are minimal.

just because it's 140 polling stations doesn't mean it's bias. Surveys like the people dint have to account for all. as long as the 140 selected are of a suitably diverse nature.

This doesn't mean it's right. The probabilities though make it likely.
And so far exit poll have followed what we've seen much more than pre voting surveys.

Soldato
so, scotland voted "no" to leave UK, but was'nt that Alex Salmon? and Nicola Sturgon took over from him? now majority of Scotland are voting for SNP? i'm prolly just making an error here due to execess wine but going on the exit poll thing, Scotland wanna leave?

Last edited:
Soldato
just because it's 140 polling stations doesn't mean it's bias. Surveys like the people dint have to account for all. as long as the 140 selected are of a suitably diverse nature.

This doesn't mean it's right. The probabilities though make it likely.
And so far exit poll have followed what we've seen much more than pre voting surveys.

Well if they are looking at 140 seats. That's only one poling station per seat from which you extrapolate for the entire seat.

On average that is 157 votes per seat you are using to predict very marginal seats. I think the uncertainty is high at a seat by seat level.

Most of the certainty comes from aggregating back up to a national level.

Man of Honour
so, scotland voted "no" to leave UK, but was'nt that Alex Salmon? and Nicola Sturgon took over from him? now majority of Scotland are voting for SNP? i'm prolly just making an error here due to execess wine but going on the exit thing, Scotland wanna leave?

Well it was an extremely close call on referendum.
On top of that just because some don't want to leave doesn't mean they don't want more. It is no surprise at all SNP are predicted to do so well.

Back
Top Bottom