• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Given the SNP steamrollering happening here, but their effective lockout if it's (likely) a Tory government, what does this mean for the future of the UK. Could the UK start to break up? Could there be another referendum on Scottish Independence?

I think that half who didn't want to leave will decrease. Nicola will stir them all up again for another referendum in 2017.

Will they be able to enact another referendum through Parliament if the Tories are in charge? After all if it did happen then you'd imagine that it would put them in a tough decision for the next GE?

Soldato
f7311a4b85562b0f23d0cd589bdb90b9.png

What the hell is going on with the beeb... I don't want Scotland results, i want Wales!!

Caporegime
The problem is if you start changing boundaries, it's very subjective. As you said any changes favour one party over another.

How can can anyone make that call? If you let me do it I'll just make it favour what I want.

Also I believe there are arguments that the electoral register numbers don't properly reflect population numbers. So it depends which you base it on.

Well for starters it would be the electoral commission that would organise the boundaries. As an independent entity they should (like everything they do) not favour any party, instead make the system fairer for all parties. Arguing that non even constituencies is fairer than a broadly even number in each just makes no sense.

The main argument against it is the MP will not "represent" some of their constituents after a boundary change. Considering most vote for a prime minister or party it makes little difference now.

Yes, it would "benefit" the conservatives, but only because the current system has been detrimental to the conservatives for decades...

Back
Top Bottom