*** The Official iOS 12 Thread ***

Associate
Hey all do I have to setup Apple pay again once I upgrade to the ios 12 beta?

Reason for asking Mastercard sends out a text to activate it but Lloyds sticks you in a queue for ages to get it sorted.

Cheers all

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think it will work with either of them until waze & Google update their apps at the official launch next month for Ios 12, neither of them are showing up in my carplay apps yet.

Soldato
My phone is still having issues. It's like a poor connection to Apple, apps are slow to update or fail, since I signed out and back in to iCloud it keeps asking for my password all the time. Now it is failing to see the latest update and I get a connectivity error.

Edit - this morning it found the update, says it will take 2 days to download.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, I didn’t fancy downloading the ipsw from an unknown source and couldn’t see it from apple.

I have fixed it now. I made a backup and then restored using iTunes, this made it worse as nearly all my apps wanted to update and all got stuck. I then did a DFU restore which took me back to iOS 11, then I upgraded to 12 again and restored from my iTunes backup. All working perfectly now. I had other apps lagging too and that’s fixed.

Soldato
So I have a question, what’s the process typically for those on the beta when the full release of 12.0 rolls out? Do you need to opt out the beta and restore 11.4 before updating to the full version? Or does it simply replace the beta??

Back
Top Bottom