*** The Official iOS 16 Thread ***

Soldato
Morning all!

My contacts lost a chunk of names so I restored from iCloud which fixed the names but now I have duplicate names across the whole list, now normally IOS sees these and asks if I want to merge but for some reason it hasn’t? Any ideas would be great!

Although I could delete them all and restore again now I think about it?

Soldato
For someone that does not have mail app set up why does my battery usage say I’ve used 2hr 38mins for background activity for this app?

Any ideas guys.

iPhone 12 Pro on 16.4

Associate
New IOS Security Response 16.4.1(a) has been released tonight, 86MB download on my SE 5G. Downloading and installing now. This is so new out that Brandon Butch hasn't released a video on Youtube yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
16.5 RC is now available.

This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
A new Pride Celebration wallpaper for the Lock Screen to honour the LGBTQ+ community and culture
Sport tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, rankings and more, for the teams and leagues you follow
My Sports score and fixture cards in Apple News take you directly to match pages where you can find additional details about specific matches
Fixes an issue where Spotlight may become unresponsive
Addresses an issue where Podcasts in CarPlay may not load content
Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices

Man of Honour
Sport tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, rankings and more, for the teams and leagues you follow
My Sports score and fixture cards in Apple News take you directly to match pages where you can find additional details about specific matches
Wooo finally, although I've started using FotMob for the football, having the ability for this within Apple News is a great addition.

Soldato
I switched from using the official Reddit app to Apollo a few weeks ago and have to say it is far better, especially on iPad. It costs a couple of quid a month, which is fine, considering how much I use Reddit.

Soldato
Apollo is great, I pay £9.49/year for it.
This hasn't gone well :D

Looks like it'll be circa £50/year going forward now thanks to the new Reddit API pricing model (and even then you won't be able to get NSFW content on third-party apps, if that's part of your Reddit browsing).

Soldato

Looks like it'll be circa £50/year going forward now thanks to the new Reddit API pricing model (and even then you won't be able to get NSFW content on third-party apps, if that's part of your Reddit browsing).
Shame. Also, the fact that Reddit considers anything to do with tobacco adult content is another annoyance.

Commissario

These are the currently available plans.

GcJ18wH.jpeg

I think he's just testing the water at the moment because there's still no figure set in stone as to what's happening.

Soldato
So if you pay it per month it's 99p per month, which works out at £11.88 per year.
or if you want to pay for it yearly it's £49.99

Makes sense.
As above, looks like he's just testing. The (lone) dev has found out his cost will be around $2.50/month for the average user and so must be looking at possibilities to do this. He's going to have to lock out all the free users too - they'll still be costing him.

Soldato
Likewise. That said, I've paid my £10 for a year's worth which doesn't end until November - any usage of the app from 1st July until the renewal will be costing the dev a lot of money. Bit of a moral dilemma as I like to support devs where I really like their app (as is the case with Apollo).

Back
Top Bottom