*** The Official iOS 17 Thread ***

Associate
Just installed this on my 13 Pro Max. Struggling to see anything major really... Clock app has changed a little, Phone app too. Other than that not noticed anything new?

Caporegime
Going to try the iPadOS 17 beta on my ancient iPad 6 with A10 processor. Should be interesting. All because I want the Health app. It’s something I’m always pouring over on iPhone.

Soldato
Going to try the iPadOS 17 beta on my ancient iPad 6 with A10 processor. Should be interesting. All because I want the Health app. It’s something I’m always pouring over on iPhone.

Me and the health app are having a spat at the moment, as it kept telling me I have low cardio fitness after I've been huffing and puffing my way around.

Caporegime
That’s something new. It appears you can sign into the Apple iCloud website on Windows and now authenticate with your iPhone instead of typing a password in. It uses Bluetooth to do it.

Caporegime
I have got it on my iPad 6 as well but I put the sluggishness down to it being ancient - and being able to see how much faster the tech in my iPhone is. It is still good enough to use it, I think.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not sure what the devil happened last night. Was just browsing the web with Safari and the ancient iPad 6 running the iOS 17 public beta just hard reset and then proceeded to get stuck in a boot loop.

Had to install iTunes app this morning and it's now in the process of recovery, hopefully back to 16.5 or whatever the latest stable version is.

Caporegime
Oops, that looks like it's screwed. Error 4013 in recovery mode and it hung in DFU mode as well. Flippin' heck. Apple need to hurry up and bring out a new iPad mini now.

Back
Top Bottom