Associate
can't wait for all the new shiny features my fave is still
  1. call transcribing
  2. contact posters
  3. better auto correct
  4. landscape mode
  5. interactable widgets

Man of Honour
Not sure what the devil happened last night. Was just browsing the web with Safari and the ancient iPad 6 running the iOS 17 public beta just hard reset and then proceeded to get stuck in a boot loop.

Had to install iTunes app this morning and it's now in the process of recovery, hopefully back to 16.5 or whatever the latest stable version is.

My old iPad Pro (now my sons iPad) did that recently. He was watching YouTube, it froze then just got stuck in a boot loop

No idea what happened but it was completely dead

Caporegime
My old iPad Pro (now my sons iPad) did that recently. He was watching YouTube, it froze then just got stuck in a boot loop

No idea what happened but it was completely dead

Did you get it fixed? Mine is totally dead now, am hoping that the iOS 17 official release might be able to sort it out as 16.6 won't install. Could be a hardware issue, something might have blown up inside. :D We never bothered with AppleCare as we always said we'd upgrade when it broke.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Did you get it fixed? Mine is totally dead now, am hoping that the iOS 17 official release might be able to sort it out as 16.6 won't install. Could be a hardware issue, something might have blown up inside. :D We never bothered with AppleCare as we always said we'd upgrade when it broke.

No, it’s properly dead. Can’t even get it in to recovery mode long enough to do anything as it just boots again

Permabanned

Not sure if apple covers this for software updates. Contact them and ask just say you were doing a software update.

Soldato
I would never install beta OS on my Apple devices. Bricking a iPhone 14 pro or a iPad Air 5 doesn’t sound fun.

not a hope in hell of compensation either
It’s actually really hard to fully brick an iPhone or iPad, almost always a way to recover.

watchOS updates are always slow. Very slow.
Still way faster than the series 2 days those literally took about 30-40 minutes.

Permabanned
TBH, I don't trust Apple with ANY OS updates. I thought my watch had bust yesterday as it took an age to update with only a .1 release.

They do tell you it's in beta.. and you are responsible updating your device and if it breaks it's on you.

Normally when there's an issue with the OS bricking the device it's down to a hardware fault somewhere.

But is beta OS covered in hardware replacements free does anyone know?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom