*** The Official iOS 17 Thread ***

Commissario
Will be on Tuesday after the event, won’t be before then as RC’s include new hardware or unannounced features.
I've always installed the RC a couple of days before the event.

/edit - No, I'm wrong. IIRC, the new OS becomes available on the day the new devices ship and the RC hits a couple of days before that. Maybe.

Associate
Not massive but I don't understand why you wouldn’t update to the RC build which baring any last minute changes will be the same as the release version.
For that very reason-I’d rather just wait for the official release version than download the RC to then download the official release.

No biggie my man-only a week to go.

Soldato
Downloaded the RC IPSW, but now have to sit and wait for Apple to make the software update available that will allow me to install the iOS 17 RC file from my MacBook :(

Permabanned
What, just pick the public beta and that’s the RC? Is there any difference between that and the developer beta? It’s offering me both.

I’m not sure on the revision numbers. On the public beta - I’m on iOS 17.0 (21A329) which is indeed reported to be RC.

Change log includes security related but I haven’t noticed any other changes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Silly question, but if I install the beta, or release candidate as it is now..,will it switch over from the beta channel back to normal updates once it’s officially released ??

Back
Top Bottom