*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

Associate
A quick Google shows that many peeps are having this issue. Question is now, do I go back to iOS5 or hope it will be OK tomorrow! A reboot hasn't fixed it by the way.

Last edited:
Caporegime
IOS6 has broken wifi on my 4S. Now when i try to connect to my wifi it brings up a login page (as if it was a corporate or shop wifi) which points to http://www.apple.com, this page loads but as a 404. I then have to cancel this screen off and the wifi disconnects.

Same for my iPad, it keeps on dropping the wifi.

It's broken.

Apple map is rubbish too.

Caporegime
IOS6 has broken wifi on my 4S. Now when i try to connect to my wifi it brings up a login page (as if it was a corporate or shop wifi) which points to http://www.apple.com, this page loads but as a 404. I then have to cancel this screen off and the wifi disconnects.

Same thing here, try killing safari and see if that helps. Airplane mode, wifi off/on did squat.

My brightness just went mental too.

Maps bites, and I'm sick to death of seeing the Facebook logo. I'm not a Facebook user. :(

Oh and I just dropped 14% battery in 45 minutes doing nothing much.

Roll on 6.0.1...

Caporegime
Roll on 6.0.1...

It was obviously checking in with apple, and finding the page it was looking for to check in wasn't available.

Most likely because their servers are being hammered with millions and millions of people activating ios6.

It will be just a question of server load which will be monumental at the minute. Nothing that 6.0.1 would solve.

Caporegime
When Google Maps hits the App Store it'll fly off the shelves !

If they charge £4.99 for it i will still buy it over this Apple map rubbish. They can make so much money for something that was free if they want to now. I don't want Flyover, that's a gimmic, I want street view ! That is actually useful.

Soldato
Liking the fact you no longer have to specify a password every time you want to download something in the App store, plus it no longer kicks you back to the springboard. Also seeing how much battery a device has left via Find my iPhone is nice.

Satellite imagery in the new maps app absolutely sucks though unless you live in/want to look at a major city. Hopefully it improves with time, but it feels like a massive step backwards.

Back
Top Bottom