*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

Soldato
Anyone else having trouble with their camera since the update?

Everytime my iPhone tries to restore the photo library it crashes and hard reboots to a blank screen for a good 5 minutes before turning back on.

Associate
Fairly poor upgrade in my opinion. The new map app is awful, what on earth were Apple thinking. There are a few nice feature (Do not disturb), but the whole system now seems cluttered and disjointed. There no longer seems to be a coherant feel and theme. Messy and amateurish in my opinion. If this is the best Apple can offer, then they are in big trouble when the hysteria over the iphone finally grounds itself in reality. When I next upgrade (6 months or so) I think I'll seriously look at some of the other contenders. Probably still end up with an iphone as I can't be arsed transitioning but you never know.

Soldato
Fairly poor upgrade in my opinion. The new map app is awful, what on earth were Apple thinking. There are a few nice feature (Do not disturb), but the whole system now seems cluttered and disjointed. There no longer seems to be a coherant feel and theme. Messy and amateurish in my opinion.

I agree with those sentiments!

Soldato
Issues I have noticed.

I'm still missing 95% of my contacts. Waiting for my phone to sync with google mail which will hopefully restore them (is there a way of forcing this)?

DND doesn't work. Put my phone on DND and was woken multiple times by whatsapp during the night.

Phone actually seems slower than it did before (4s).

Also, am I right in thinking that the only thing available for passbook at the moment is Lufthanser boarding passes? If so, poor form.

Not impressed so far, most of the changes seem to be "new" features that android has had for years.

Soldato
Those who miss Google Maps could just create a shortcut on the Homescreen to the website version? Not the same as a proper app admittedly, but the info you need like Tube Stations should still be there.

Soldato
Those who miss Google Maps could just create a shortcut on the Homescreen to the website version? Not the same as a proper app admittedly, but the info you need like Tube Stations should still be there.

You're a life saver!! Just went to Google Maps mobile site and added it. It's not as good as the old maps but it's a damn good alternative since it's a decent mobile site :)

Soldato
You're a life saver!! Just went to Google Maps mobile site and added it. It's not as good as the old maps but it's a damn good alternative since it's a decent mobile site :)

Yeah, even get a nice icon to launch it :)

ios6_maps.jpg

Don
Hmm, I've updated my 4S but I'm going to keep my 4 on IOS5 I think.
Man, the new maps app is utterly awful. The detail in satellite view? Well, my street which was visible down to my car in the drive is now just a giant pixel nearly the size of my village.
Google can't release a maps app soon enough.

Associate
Thanks, that has resolved issues making calls from it, but when i try to call it from my iPhone to test it, it just gives a user busy message and disconnects :(

I just got the same, then discovered that my iPhone number was ticked again (user busy because you are effectively calling yourself). However, facetime does not work for me over 3g between iPhone4 and New iPad. I get the message that i need to connect to wireless. Maybe this function is only 4S and above?

Associate
Upgraded my 4, maps seems to have taken a step back but other than that it feels just as fast and there are a few nice changes here and there. Biggest thing for me is battery life which will take a while to check out.

Soldato
The mapping is just awful. Neither national rail nor tube stations show up with their usual symbols. Railway lines only show up when you zoom incredibly close. For my purposes it's an enormous step backwards. Unless Google release a new maps app and it's as good as the previous one then Apple have pretty much forced me to move to Android next time I upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom