*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

Soldato
I'm going to download and sync for update. The servers will inevitably be swamped tonight again so it's probably not worth the risk to do it over the air. I'm going to update tomorrow night instead. I'm travelling friday so I really want to try the 'sat nav' out :)

I usually find that, when a new update is released, downloading it via iTunes takes forever, but many sites post directly links to the IPSW files, which download at full speed, so I just do it that way.

Associate
What concerns me about upgrading to iOS6:

1) The official Google YouTube app doesn't support Airplay so will we still be able to Airplay YouTube vids via Safari?

2) With Google Maps unsupported, how can we now get Street View? Seeing as it doesn't seem to work in Safari and Google has yet to release a maps app?

Soldato
The 2nd table in that review shows features coming in iOS6 for iPad 2 & 3.
It says the new iPad will have Siri which it doesn't currently. Is that the same full blown version that is on the iPhone?

I installed iOS6 on my new iPad and its the same Siri which is on the 4S just more upto date with with commands.

Soldato
Can you go straight from IOS 5.1 to 6? (or do you need 5.1.1 first)

What will i lose when I upgrade? I have contacts, calendar items, notes on icloud. Will I have to reinstall apps again and lose things like my max payne save game?

Last time i upgraded IOS I lost loads of saves for games

Back
Top Bottom