*** The Official iOS and iPadOS 18 Thread ***

Had a couple freezes on iOS 18 beta last few days thought I would go back to 17 but the Pratt I am I forgot to make a backup.

Will stick with 18 it’s far less hassle than starting again.

I updated my iPad Air to give the latest features a go and all was well on the first beta. I updated to beta 2 last night and I'm getting constant OS crashes making the device unusable. I think I'll downgrade back to iOS 17 and wait for the final release in September.

I get the new tech thing, but if there’s one thing I want to work without any issues, it’s my phone. Personally I’d rather wait for release candidates.

Haha yes, I will admit that since beta 2 my app icons have disappeared and I have to guess where everything is, search is still OK though :D

Put Beta2 on my M2 Air the day it came out. Everything was fine until the next morning when I woke the iPad and was greeted by the Restore screen (the one with a cable connected to a computer).

Tried to restore the thing and no luck. Spent 3hrs messing with it whilst it was connected to my M2 MacMini and kept getting an Error 2006 message the moment an Update/Restore attempt began. Trying to get into DFU mode just resulted in the restore screen constantly appearing despite the fact that I know I was doing it right.

In the end I thought I’d hook it upto my Dell pos Windows laptop and try that. DFU was instantly recognised and I was back on iOS17.5.x in no time. Think I'll avoid Beta2 :)

Spent a good 2.5 hours wrestling with iPad Pro M2 11, getting it back to 17.5.1. Hadn’t installed Sequoia on the MBP so easy rollback isn’t really possible… eventually got there with 3uTools… definitely recommend that app if any of you have flashing/update niggles.

Kept getting restarts I couldn’t really find a reason for, plus the Magic Keyboard sometimes wouldn’t work correctly in some third party apps without a little coaxing. Submitted a couple of fault logs subs the keyboard issue.

Had to rollback regardless though, given I accidentally bought an M4 11 Pro on Friday and the M2 is going for trade in!

Back
Top Bottom