*** The Official iOS and iPadOS 18 Thread ***

Some impressions on iPadOS 18 at this early stage.

* Control centre is buggy af and very difficult to arrange the tiles without icons flying about and auto snapping all over the shop.

* Calendar widgit with Reminders integration is brilliant.

* Calendar app itself is brilliant with its sidebar that has a Today agenda view.

* Stage Manager sems sadly unchanged so I'll continue to avoid.

* Customising the home screen is a bit messy and buggy. You can set the icon/widget 'theme' to be Automatic, Dark, Light or Tinted as well as the icons to be small or large. Switching icons to large removes the icon titles but doesn't on small. Tinted theming is tacky and a callback to the Jailbreak/Cydia days....years ago. Icons/Widgets in Dark mode look great but occasionally flicker when you exit an app and return to the homescreen.

* Settings app has had a small makeover but still needs more work. It is very sparse for certain options ie Wallpaper, Homescreen & App Library, and Control Centre for example. There's very little in these options so it hardly deserves its own entry in Settings.

* No email app category features at the moment.

* iCloud menu in settings gives me a spiffy 'Subscriber Edition' badge :D

I haven't tried the Passwords app as I prefer not to lump my eggs in one basket so I am sticking to BitWarden. My iPad (M2 Air) did HARD lock this morning whilst browsing, to the point where it took a while for it to reboot. Holding down power for ages didn't help but somehow the device came back after a while.

Last edited:
No AI, screen mirroring or share play for EU users this year.

Expected the majority of features they showcased to not make it this year but disappointed the few that will, won't be available to us.

Zero reason for me to upgrade my iPhone this year now.

I’m having a weird issue where CarPlay doesn’t play out of car and plays out of phone. Hopefully it’ll get fixed in tomorrows latest release.

Back
Top Bottom