*** The Official iPad (Early 2012) Thread ***

Makes me laugh, Apple has released many products which are almost identical to the previous but for a few minor changes yet you guys still get excited over these new products.

I doubt there will be much difference at all between this and the iPad2, but I do think the screen resolution will increase, if your lucky you might get a Quad Core version with the same GPU but I wouldn't hope for too much because it's Apple at the end of the day and you will be disappointed.

Makes me laugh, Apple has released many products which are almost identical to the previous but for a few minor changes yet you guys still get excited over these new products.

I doubt there will be much difference at all between this and the iPad2, but I do think the screen resolution will increase, if your lucky you might get a Quad Core version with the same GPU but I wouldn't hope for too much because it's Apple at the end of the day and you will be disappointed.

cool story bro

they really need to do something with the MacBooks now people have caught up. id really hope for better screen res if the iPad really does get such a bump

Made me LOL a lot. I personally have been waiting since the preleased the original ipad for the screen res increase before I put down my money, and will carry on using my rubbish andriod cheap thing until I get it. hopefully this is the time I can finally get what i really want!

Made me LOL a lot. I personally have been waiting since the preleased the original ipad for the screen res increase before I put down my money, and will carry on using my rubbish andriod cheap thing until I get it. hopefully this is the time I can finally get what i really want!

It's just a troll account that mysteriously appears in these threads. Ignore it.

:confused:

I think your missing the point of an iPad...

If you want true multitasking, you buy a computer...

I never said anything about true multi-tasking. It could be in a limited form, maybe only allowing certain types of apps to be run simultaneously with the main app such as twitter/messenger client or videos. It's what the comptetion will be offering soon and I don't expect Apple will stand still:

Cornerstone for Android

Windows 8 split screen apps

I'll admit that the 4:3 aspect ratio is not really ideal for this kind of use so we probably wont see any of this in iPad 3, but the Ipad is a relatively new concept and I expect it to evolve leaps and bounds over the coming years.

Yes I'm sure that now Steve Jobs has died Apple will be keen to ruin everything iOS stands for so you can poke at tiny UI components for two (or more) apps on screen. I'm sure doing this rather that provide the clarity of a high pixel density is just what Apple have planned. I'm sure they have some super new battery to cope with the massive drain of multitasking.

Hang on I've just seen a pig fly past my window.

First of all Steve Jobs is dead, let him rest in peace. Don't bring him up to attach emotional weight to your arguments.

You won't need super new battery tech for this, don't be stupid. Battery life is less of an issue on the iPad than iPhone anway since there is room for much bigger batteries. As to your point on tiny UI components, that never stopped Iphone with its piddly 3.5" screen being a roaring success has it?

That really is the only major flaw in in the iPad, the resolution and also screen ratio.

Until they are addressed I will have to stick with Android tablets.

Which Android tablet do you have? you didnt buy one of the budget ones did you? :eek:

they really need to do something with the MacBooks now people have caught up. id really hope for better screen res if the iPad really does get such a bump

According to the rumour mill, the Macbook Air and Pro will merge starting this year, and as said in previous posts, there is hard evidence in OS X Lion (and now Mountain Lion) for resolutions double the size of previous ones.

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole. The Transformer Prime is a fantastic tablet and not that far behind the Ipad at all.

The Transformer Prime is semi-decent but it isn't even close to the iPad.

That isn't even considering the fact the Prime has all manner of manufacturing issues so people are generally avoiding it anyway.

Uhhh... Android is leaps and bounds behind iOS in general open-to-anyone usability and app support... it will always be held back by the OS

The phones are a more viable alternative but the tablet side of things is a real mess at the moment.

Having said that it depends entirely on what you are using it for, there are certain things an Android tablet would be better for (drag and drop HD movie playback for example), but factoring everything in, there isn't much of a competition; the iPad wins with ease.

Yeh, GPS doesn't work, big deal. I doubt many people buy tablets to use as a sat nav anyway.

The Ipad has better apps and a better eco system overall but other than that the transformer prime isn't "embarrasingly far behind" or "not even close". In fact, it has gotten glowing reviews all across the web. Excellent screen, battery life, performance and ICS, not to mention the keyboard attachment. I'd say it's the first tablet that you can legitimately say is a worthy competitor to the iPad.

That really is the only major flaw in in the iPad, the resolution and also screen ratio.

Until they are addressed I will have to stick with Android tablets.

Which Android tablet do you have? you didnt buy one of the budget ones did you? :eek:

I did as it was only just for really watching movies on planes, but soon realised I want a proper iPad, only cost me £60 so did the job to get me past while i waited for a high res one!

Yeah, the phone side of Android seems much better - I quite liked my HTC Desire - but even then, after only a couple of months I was longing for iOS again :(

Even I thought that was weird at the time, being the tech-head that I am - it would be more logical for me to prefer Android. If they had the app support, it would be a step in the right direction.

To be fair, android is getting better in that department - it's still a long long way behind iOS though and will be for some time to come.

I hope it overtakes... because competition is always good for the consumer :)

As for the iPad 3... really looking forward to it, this screen should have been in the ipad 2 - i was quite annoyed when it didn't materialise. I still bought a 2 because of the weight and performance improvements (cameras are pointless on a tablet IMO).

Really looking forward to the increased resolution :)

Back
Top Bottom