• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I decided to order a 12 pro 128gb via the 0% interest financing option. I was going to wait out till the 13, but decided to try the financing option. Usually I buy everything cash and could have done so on this occasion but decided to throw the money elsewhere and whilst my 11 is worth a bit via trade in decided to bite the bullet.

Watched a few reviews and I'm really interested in the ProRAW format, and also using it for video.

I've been approved for the financing but the apple page still says processing until Barclays approves it which they have done. How long does it take to change? Expecting delivery est. is 2nd week of January at the moment.

Soldato
That delivery is pretty accurate generally - the finance just adds a day or two on to the process.

Update e-mail and they're processing and everything is good to go. Just to await dispatchment and delivery of it now. Quite surprised how quick the application went through. It was done within 15 minutes.

Soldato
Thinking of taking the plunge from Android to apple and am debating either the 12 or pro - is the pro worth the extra beans???

The Pro has an extra 2gb Ram, 64gb extra base storage, a brighter screen, a 2x zoom lens and a premium finish (though the normal 12 is very much a premium device). The Pro also weighs significantly more.

Many of the differences may not be apparent in day to day use. They may be worth £200 to you or they may not. Personally, I don’t think there’s a wrong decision.

Caporegime
Don’t forget the 12pro has the RAW feature enabled for the camera. Only available on the pro series so if you are into taking photos a lot then the the pro makes more sense. The RAW feature gives you so much more control when editing photos etc. It’s also enabled on the front camera too.

Pet Northerner
Don
The Pro has an extra 2gb Ram, 64gb extra base storage, a brighter screen, a 2x zoom lens and a premium finish (though the normal 12 is very much a premium device). The Pro also weighs significantly more.

Many of the differences may not be apparent in day to day use. They may be worth £200 to you or they may not. Personally, I don’t think there’s a wrong decision.

o2 were willing to pay off £140 from my old phone today so it's brought the different right down. Might as well go for the pro :)

Soldato
I went from the 6s to the 12.
I like it, you get used to not having a button, although if you use it for paying for stuff its a PITA not having a button and having to remember to drop your mask.
Other than that, I did consider the 2020SE as well as the 12 mini, but the normal 12 not being the old Plus/Max size works well for me with 43 year old eyesight..

Soldato
Mine is hit or miss with the mask.

It’s amazing when it works, I’ve now got use to just putting the code in rather than constantly adjusting/removing my mask.

I’ve enabled the RAW setting for someone like me who doesn’t ever really edit photos. Is there any benefit of me taking all my photos/videos in the format? No issues on storage I never delete photos have pretty much all my photos from the last 5 years.

Soldato
I’ve enabled the RAW setting for someone like me who doesn’t ever really edit photos. Is there any benefit of me taking all my photos/videos in the format? No issues on storage I never delete photos have pretty much all my photos from the last 5 years.
Unless you are planning to do some serious editing with your photos then I’d say the RAW feature is of little to no benefit to you. You’re just using space for the sake of it - although I appreciate you say that’s not an issue.
Heck in some situations I actually shoot jpg with my Fujifilm cameras and their job is to shoot RAW.
I find for general family/social media use the adjustments made in jpg processing are absolutely fine.

Soldato
Unless you are planning to do some serious editing with your photos then I’d say the RAW feature is of little to no benefit to you. You’re just using space for the sake of it - although I appreciate you say that’s not an issue.
Heck in some situations I actually shoot jpg with my Fujifilm cameras and their job is to shoot RAW.
I find for general family/social media use the adjustments made in jpg processing are absolutely fine.

Thanks, I'll not bother with it then.

Associate
Anyone upgraded from an iPhone 7 to a 12 mini? If so what were your thoughts and did consider the 2020 SE or was 5g important to you?

And does touchID no longer exist?
I went 7 to 11 Pro.
Don’t miss the button or TouchID in the slightest, unsure if I could go back to an iPhone with a physical home button.
Have used my old phone briefly since and it feels odd and frustrating lol

I guess ideally a Touch ID under the display or in power button with FaceID would be the ultimate combo.
Especially in this mask era.

Though if I upgraded this cycle I’d probably go mini based off size and weight! Hate the 11 Pro weight personally.

Associate
Ordered the 12 Pro Max yesterday in Pacific Blue and was quite surprised when it turned up today. Have to say, so far very impressed. Upgraded from a XS Max. The Camera seems significantly better and i love the design / build quality. Screen is immense and speakers on it are a nice upgrade to. Battery also seem rather impressive. Rocking it naked at the moment, just can not dfecide if i should cover it up or not, looks so damn good feels like a shame to cover it

Soldato
Anybody know of any bumper cases like you used to get with the iPhone 4/5? The ones that just wrap the sides without covering the back... Having a look around and they don’t really seem to exist :(

Soldato
How does faceID work when using Apple Pay, do you literally have to touch your phone to the e-pdq machine then lift it up and stare at it? It seems like touch ID would be much faster as it's all done in a single motion.

Soldato
How does faceID work when using Apple Pay, do you literally have to touch your phone to the e-pdq machine then lift it up and stare at it? It seems like touch ID would be much faster as it's all done in a single motion.

Other way round, you look at it first and then wave it over the card machine. The issue is at the moment is that you have to fall back to using a pin code for Apple Pay due to the whole face mask thing.

Back
Top Bottom