• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
What can you do from iPhone to iPhone that you can't do from iPhone to Android, eg, iMessage, Facetime, AirDrop

You've listed them. In places where iPhones are more popular (specifically the US), iMessage is huge and people who have the 'wrong colour' text bubbles might find themselves excluded from conversations.

Here in the UK where many people have Androids and use Whatsapp, the "social stigma" of a green text bubble probably doesn't exist.

Soldato
:rolleyes:

But back to my original question. What can you do from iPhone to iPhone that you can't do from iPhone to Android, eg, iMessage, Facetime, AirDrop
As I eluded to earlier I’ve not found any significant advantage of one over t’other.
The best part about it is the ecosystem, if you’re in it. I’ve been a long time MacBook user and was happy enough with that.
I then got the iPhone more on a whim than anything else because I’d just been driven round the bend by Samsung regarding a fault with my S20 FE and no other Android phone appealed to me at the time.
Soon after I acquired an iPad from work and once I sold my soul and went all out for the ecosystem I’ve really enjoyed it.

Soldato
As I eluded to earlier I’ve not found any significant advantage of one over t’other.
The best part about it is the ecosystem, if you’re in it. I’ve been a long time MacBook user and was happy enough with that.
I then got the iPhone more on a whim than anything else because I’d just been driven round the bend by Samsung regarding a fault with my S20 FE and no other Android phone appealed to me at the time.
Soon after I acquired an iPad from work and once I sold my soul and went all out for the ecosystem I’ve really enjoyed it.

Is it much more than I'm already getting from my Chromebook and Google Pixel? - I can change settings on my phone, answer messages, use my phone's internet and send files between them both wirelessly.

I know you can also answer calls on your Mac. Anything else?

Soldato
Is it much more than I'm already getting from my Chromebook and Google Pixel? - I can change settings on my phone, answer messages, use my phone's internet and send files between them both wirelessly.

Honestly can’t answer that as I’ve never had a chromebook but that pretty much sounds on par.
If I had a chromebook and was happy with it I would probably want to stick with an Android phone - just for ease of use.

Soldato
You've listed them. In places where iPhones are more popular (specifically the US), iMessage is huge and people who have the 'wrong colour' text bubbles might find themselves excluded from conversations.

Here in the UK where many people have Androids and use Whatsapp, the "social stigma" of a green text bubble probably doesn't exist.

Or just having an Android in general. :cry:

Man of Honour

Handoff including the clipboard is a godsend.

Soldato
How are the Google services on iPhone?

Back when I had an iPhone 3GS and 4, Gmail had to be setup in a special way otherwise emails would only come through every 15 minutes, which was a drain in battery as the Mail app had to ask for the emails every 15 minutes.

That's what made me switch to a Blackberry 9900 at the time as I needed the instant email notifications.

I'm also a heavy user of Google Drive, Assistant and Docs.

I know it sounds like Android would be the best bet for me, but if iPhones can handle all my Google stuff well then I may choose Apple next.

Soldato
You need to use the Gmail app and it’s push, so comes though instantly. I use the mail app for personal.

I use drive all the time as well and it’s perfectly fine you just have to download separate apps. I just launch the lot of them in a folder and hide them though and solely use the drive app to open/start everything.

Soldato
Yeah the native Mail app hasn’t changed for Gmail services but as above you can use the dedicated Gmail app.
Google drive works as it should, indeed, when I moved over the first thing I did was download my Google apps (I’ve actually switched away from most now) and they all work perfectly.

I’m not a big email person and since I have a separate work phone I certainly don’t want my work emails on my personal phone so I just use Apple’s Mail app, I can wait 15 minutes for Amazon to tell me my order has been dispatched!

Associate
I am considering selling my Note 20 Ultra and moving over to iOS for the first time since the iPhone 7, do I go for it?

Would have to be a 12 pro 128gb at the minimum but would prefer a max.

Edit: Do need to add I am really deep into the Google ecosystem at home with their devices planted everywhere and I also do have a Samsung tab, watch, buds etc paired with my phone.

Soldato
It finally happened. First time in my 10 years+ of breaking a phone. I don't even know how. Was looking at my phone today and noticed a crack near the camera. Took off my Apple official leather case and the back of the phone is all cracked. I have AppleCare+ so a replacement is on the way. However I was wondering, what cases do people recommend? This has put me off using the official Apple cases. I'd like a tough case without it being ridiculously bulky. Any recommendations?

Associate
It finally happened. First time in my 10 years+ of breaking a phone. I don't even know how. Was looking at my phone today and noticed a crack near the camera. Took off my Apple official leather case and the back of the phone is all cracked. I have AppleCare+ so a replacement is on the way. However I was wondering, what cases do people recommend? This has put me off using the official Apple cases. I'd like a tough case without it being ridiculously bulky. Any recommendations?

I usually go for the Rhinoshield cases for my iPhones as they are pretty robust without being too bulky.

Soldato

I’m not being funny but if you’re paying for apple care, why bother with a case at all? They’re better without a case as well.

Stick a skin on the back if you want to prevent micro scratches and add a little colour/customisation to it.

Back
Top Bottom