• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Any battery issues with the standard 12?
No issues whatsoever with me anyway. It’s a day long battery with ease and a two day battery if you’re careful.
I routinely end my day with around 50%. The other advantage is it charges pretty quickly. I know it maxes out and just 20w but since the battery itself is considerably smaller than Android counterparts it fills up just as quickly overall.

Associate
What are people doing with regards to screen protectors? I bought one the other week to protect it but it just seemed to ruin the point of having such a lovely screen so I’ve binned it and I’m just sticking with the Spigen Case.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What are people doing with regards to screen protectors? I bought one the other week to protect it but it just seemed to ruin the point of having such a lovely screen so I’ve binned it and I’m just sticking with the Spigen Case.

I don't use a screen protector, just run AppleCare+ incase I smash the screen. Scratches aren't an issue.

Soldato
Scratches aren't an issue.

What do you do with your old phones? I keep a screen protector on mine because I usually sell them after a year or two and I don't want a big chunk knocked off the resale price because of scratches. That and I find it irritating when a massive long scratch appears from out of nowhere, with zero indication what caused it.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What do you do with your old phones? I keep a screen protector on mine because I usually sell them after a year or two and I don't want a big chunk knocked off the resale price because of scratches. That and I find it irritating when a massive long scratch appears from out of nowhere, with zero indication what caused it.

Normally I use a phone recycle website if it's in poor condition, they aren't too fussed over a couple marks.

Commissario
I'm not interested in protecting my phone for someone else to benefit from it, I'd rather use it the way it's supposed to be used, naked :)

Soldato
Screen protectors are worst. They’re horrible. Even the expensive premium ones. They just awful.

skin around the phone to change the look is the way to go though and keeps the slim profile.

Soldato
I'm not interested in protecting my phone for someone else to benefit from it, I'd rather use it the way it's supposed to be used, naked :)

This, and frankly the glass has come on leaps and bounds since Screen Protectors were a 'must' I have dropped my iPhone XS a few times, not from any great height or anything, but it's not as easy to shatter/crack the glass these days.

fez

fez

Caporegime
My X is going to be largely worthless by the time it is replaced so the myriad of scratches doesn't bother me. None of them are serious and I can't stand the feeling of screen protectors on my phones. I would rather lose £100 of resale than have a sub par experience for a few years.

Soldato
I can’t stand screen protectors but on my last iPhone I picked up some nasty scratches, so I thought I’d give some a go.

Really impressed by the ESR for the 12 Pro Max. The oleophobic coating is just as good as the main display and it’s pretty much edge to edge with slightly rounded corners :)

Soldato
Magsafe external battery is now available.
https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MJWY3ZM/A

A hundred quid, no cable or plug in the box and they don’t even bother telling you the mAh. Classic Apple.

EDIT - apparently it’s 1460 mAh, so it’ll give a whopping 50pc charge to a dead iPhone 12.

EDIT 2 - seems likely that higher voltage means the battery pack will be more capable than the mAh suggests.

Last edited:
Soldato
A hundred quid, no cable or plug in the box and they don’t even bother telling you the mAh. Classic Apple.

EDIT - apparently it’s 1460 mAh, so it’ll give a whopping 50pc charge to a dead iPhone 12.

EDIT 2 - seems likely that higher voltage means the battery pack will be more capable than the mAh suggests.

Think I’ll be sticking with my 18w anker as well.

Soldato

there are two batteries inside - 1460x2

Soldato
I'm looking for a decent magsafe charger as a present for my wife. It needs to be one which charges her watch and phone at the same time - Airpod charging would be a bonus. It also needs to hold the phone at a diagonal so she can read the screen from bed.

This one from Belkin fits the bill, but plenty of reviews say it buzzes when not charging. Does anyone have one of these to confirm personal experience with the product?

Soldato
Had my iPhone 12 Pro Max for 5 months now which is a record for me, I’m usually a serial phone changer between android and iPhone but stuck with iPhone and it’s been a great experience.

one pet hate on Android was battling with the wake locks and late gmail alerts. The iPhone has not given me one problem at all.

also the Apple Watch is pretty invaluable to my exercise regime. It’s make for a great combo.

unless the 13 is somewhat our if this works il be sticking to the 12 for another year me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom