Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Commissario
I pay £63 a month for the iPhone 13 Pro Max 256GB (down £3 pcm from last year) and you can swap for a new handset every year. Comes with Applecare+ cover.

It's slightly cheaper to buy outright and sell/trade the old handset but gone are the days where I'm comfortable dropping £1.2k on a phone outright.
Does look a decent way to do it - Except it looks like it can only be set up in store - Perhaps that's for the initial buy in to the scheme.

How does it work if you start it a couple of months into the twelve month cycle?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Does look a decent way to do it - Except it looks like it can only be set up in store - Perhaps that's for the initial buy in to the scheme.

How does it work if you start it a couple of months into the twelve month cycle?
Fine. Most devices don’t actually launch until October each year so providing you sign up around Oct/Nov then you’re on the same cycle for preordering in Sept.

If you’re 1 month behind then you’d have to pay 1 month additional to “end” the agreement and take the next device.

Associate
Well, figured I'd take my order and try I for a bit, always got 14 days to return if it feels like it's not the move. Ordered one for me and the Mrs, collecting in store lunchtime next Friday

Associate
iPhone 13 pro 128 silver all gone through ready for next Friday delivery, green silicon case arriving on Tuesday, Happy Days.

Cheers all

Associate
The app was a nightmare with 'an error occured' and then putting things into my bag which upon clicking was empty! Eventually gave up and tried to phone, but then a 20 minute delay on that so whilst the muzak played I just went on the website and it was flawless. I pickup my 256Gb 13 Pro next Friday and I can't wait.

Soldato
Got the 128gb pro max in silver, silicon magsafe case, wireless magsafe charger and screen protector

Case, protector and charger delivers in 2 days, iphone 13 pro max delivers in 5 to 7 days

Soldato
I ordered my silicone case separately, so it arrived today. I was quite surprised at how much bigger the 13 Pro is than the XS. I am within a few mm width of fitting the XS *with leather apple case* inside the 13 pro silicone case.

Soldato
Just ordered another leather case via the employee purchase program as there is a discount for it. Will cancel the previous case order once the option becomes available.

Soldato
My missus wants to upgrade from the 11 to 13 pro max but there is not a chance she is going to take advantage of any of the extra features. Might steer her towards the 13 and save a few hundred!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Looks like the lenses between the 13 and pro aren't the same in terms of aperture. The 13 has slower apertures, so technically the pro can gather more light, certainly in the ultra wide. The wide and ultra wide aperture wise are the same as last year's 12. They do gain the new sensor and sensor shift which does boost low light performance, but the pro will still have an edge there especially the ultra wide.

Screenshot-2021-09-17-at-15-19-07.png

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Disappointed (although not surprised) they didn't take the opportunity to switch to USB-C. Even if it was debuted on the Pro models.

Even the iPad Mini has USB-C now, leaving the iPhone the only device with USB 2.0 speeds. Good luck transferring ProRes video over USB :eek::(

Back
Top Bottom