Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Soldato
Can you transfer a Smarty SIM to an eSIM? They say they don't support it on their website but I'm curious. Being able to move to eSIM would be great as I can have business and personal eSIMs.

Soldato
Can you transfer a Smarty SIM to an eSIM? They say they don't support it on their website but I'm curious. Being able to move to eSIM would be great as I can have business and personal eSIMs.
If they don’t support it then they don’t support it.
Even Sky took until last year to jump on the eSIM bandwagon* which is why I waited until I had my 15PM to do it.

*it may have been slightly sooner than last year but I was keeping tabs on it as best I could and the first I noticed it was last year.

Soldato
Never really played around with the camera in my 15pro. Putting it in a tripod and using night mode is fantastic. It’s also got some raw settings now which didn’t used to be there

Soldato
I've just upgraded our phones from a 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max to two 15 Pro. Honestly I am genuinely impressed at the difference. Camera change is outrageous and the phone feels much more responsive.

Soldato
I've just upgraded our phones from a 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max to two 15 Pro. Honestly I am genuinely impressed at the difference. Camera change is outrageous and the phone feels much more responsive.

Yeah I did this last year and was as impressed.

The camera in the 15 Pro (not Portrait mode artificial blurred background nonsense, just the standard lens) takes incredible photos.

Associate
The jump from 60hz to 120hz is such a huge upgrade. I didn't think it would be before I purchased my 13PM, but once you go to 120hz, you cannot go back. You can really notice the upgrade if you try using the 12 or an older phone again.

Soldato
I'm thinking about upgrading my 13 at the moment. I think the 15Pro would be a good upgrade but is it worth holding out for a 16 now? I'm not fussed about being on the bleeding edge and usually the firt batch have issues that need fixing so I wouldn't be a day 1'er but is a last gen Pro comparable? Are we expecting the 16 to have some groundbreaking AI you can't live without?

Soldato
I'm thinking about upgrading my 13 at the moment. I think the 15Pro would be a good upgrade but is it worth holding out for a 16 now? I'm not fussed about being on the bleeding edge and usually the firt batch have issues that need fixing so I wouldn't be a day 1'er but is a last gen Pro comparable? Are we expecting the 16 to have some groundbreaking AI you can't live without?
It might be worth waiting until after the WWDC conference on Monday as they might say what is supported by each phone on iOS 18.

Soldato

I went from a 13 Pro to a 15 Pro max and it feels like a nice upgrade. Going to a Pro model is a great upgrade the 120Hz screen alone is huge. I don’t intend to change again for at least a couple of generations.

Associate
I refunded the 15 Pro Max and stuck with my 13PM as I didn’t think the upgrade was worth it all. I compared photos, looked identical to me. Dynamic Island felt a bit gimmicky after a couple days and lost any upgrade factor to it, doesn’t warrant the upgrade imo. I liked the feel of the 15PM and the fact it wasn’t as heavy, but aside from that wasn’t worth it all, but each to their own.

I will say the biggest upgrade for you from a regular 13 would be the screen refresh rate.

Personally I’d wait for the 16 and see what they bring. Unlikely to be anything amazing over the 15PM, probably a slight upgrade all round.

Decided to keep on to my 13PM and run it into the ground, replace the battery when needed. Unless something groundbreaking comes along that’s worth the upgrade. 13PM still a beast of a phone.

Soldato
Anyone finding their 15 pro getting hot browsing random pages ? For example, earlier I was perusing Amazon, and my phone was getting extremely hot? Is this normal ? I don’t remember this with my 14 pro.

Back
Top Bottom