Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Soldato
As someone that's trying very hard to nit pick on iOS after 10+ years on Android I have to agree. Not once did I ever use multi tasking, it's far simpler to switch between a notes app and Smart Shop.

In the nicest way possible surely this is a bit of a you issue and writing a list rather than looking at recipes as you walk around a supermarket is far easier
It's not a me issue it's plainly obviously it has benefits it almost seems as if because loyalists can't get the feature it's not worth anything, I can absolutely guarantee if it came to the iPhone Apple would make it out to be a revolution in multi tasking and a world first and those loyalists would lap it up they'd be drooling everywhere couldn't get enough of it, I 100% guarantee and it's not even debatable we all know it

Man of Honour
It's not a me issue it's plainly obviously it has benefits it almost seems as if because loyalists can't get the feature it's not worth anything, I can absolutely guarantee if it came to the iPhone Apple would make it out to be a revolution in multi tasking and a world first and those loyalists would lap it up they'd be drooling everywhere couldn't get enough of it, I 100% guarantee and it's not even debatable we all know it
It's on iPad already and has been for some time, hardly anyone uses it which makes your post completely redundant.

Soldato
This is one of those issues where I just cannot see your phone ever replacing your computer. Multi-tasking in any kind of productive way on a phone is impossible. The screen is simply too small
Agreed. I use my phone for social media and music mainly. All my programming work is done on my Mac Studio and my MacBook Air is used primarily for web browsing, Microsoft Office and music.

Last edited:
Soldato
The one thing that tempts me about the iPhone 15 Pro Max is that it can copy videos from the phone to the Mac at decent speeds using USB-C. On my iPhone 13 Pro Max I have to sync it to the cloud and then download it again. Luckily I have fast internet but it would be nice not to have to rely on it.

Man of Honour
The one thing that tempts me about the iPhone 15 Pro Max is that it can copy videos from the phone to the Mac at decent speeds using USB-C. On my iPhone 13 Pro Max I have to sync it to the cloud and then download it again. Luckily I have fast internet but it would be nice not to have to rely on it.
Why don't you just use AirDrop? It will do it point to point between the devices and it's much faster than most people realise.

Soldato
Not very portable walking around the supermarket or doing light multi tasking tasks by whipping your pc out

You can’t do multi tasking on a phone, the screen is simply too small and pretty much every application is designed to run full screen.

If you had a notes app up, and say a web browser, you’ll see next to nothing on either. That’s before the keyboard takes up 1/3 of the screen.

Both Android and Apple both allow you to easily switch between apps with a quick swipe.

If you had a folding phone, sure but really you are in 7” tablet scale which is a different ball game altogether.

I’m not even sure what we are talking about at this point.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It is a niche thing to bring up when considering a switch, like do you go shopping everyday with multitasking? :p I do click and collect or have a grocery list prepared in advanced, no chance I’m flicking through recipes in Tesco.

There are (imo) less nuanced features to compare and explore when considering a switch.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can’t do multi tasking on a phone, the screen is simply too small and pretty much every application is designed to run full screen.

If you had a notes app up, and say a web browser, you’ll see next to nothing on either. That’s before the keyboard takes up 1/3 of the screen.

Both Android and Apple both allow you to easily switch between apps with a quick swipe.

If you had a folding phone, sure but really you are in 7” tablet scale which is a different ball game altogether.

I’m not even sure what we are talking about at this point.
From experience you're absolutely wrong, you can absolutely multi task on a phone.

Man of Honour
Except I’m quite the opposite Loyalist. Up until iPhone 15 launch I had never owned one.
From experience you're absolutely wrong, you can absolutely multi task on a phone.
You can and having used split screen on Android as far back as I can remember it’s not the way to do it IMHO. Half of what is already a relatively small screen is cumbersome and far less useful than just swiping between apps in the app switcher

Soldato
Just because you can, doesn't mean its good or even particularly useful.
You can and having used split screen on Android as far back as I can remember it’s not the way to do it IMHO. Half of what is already a relatively small screen is cumbersome and far less useful than just swiping between apps in the app switcher
This.

Even just having a video playing in a window on top of another app gets in the way of using said app. Having the app shrunk down to half the screen is just a bad experience.

Like I said, on a folding phone that has the real estate, it makes sense. On a normal 6" screen, not so much.

Soldato
I don’t even like “multitasking” on my 16” MacBook - I find it much easier to work with full windows and swipe between said windows/desktops. Additionally, I can’t bear split screen on my iPad 12.9 let alone on a 6-7 inch phone.

Soldato
Just because you can, doesn't mean its good or even particularly useful.

This.

Even just having a video playing in a window on top of another app gets in the way of using said app. Having the app shrunk down to half the screen is just a bad experience.

Like I said, on a folding phone that has the real estate, it makes sense. On a normal 6" screen, not so much.
That is dire [video in a window], it’s only ever handy and i’ve only ever done it once and never again to reply to a whatapp. It was horrific, I had to keep moving the little video box around the screen to read the message and when the keyboard popped up to reply. Just a complete waste of time. I just refuse to believe that people make that work on a standard phone screen. Just an infuriating experience.

What I would like is if the video is playing live and I swipe to reply to a message - having said that I don’t even like or use the little reply to message that over laps the main app you’re using - I’d like the video to remain playing in the background. It’s mainly for sports if I’m on the move. If it’s a yotube/netflix etc then i’m fine with it pausing. Means I need to go in then click play, then hit the ‘go live’ button. It’s not a big deal but being able to just switch reply then switch back would be good.

Soldato
Just because you can't, doesn't mean it's not good or not particularly useful.

A 6.9" screen is sufficient for multi tasking for certain tasks.

This is spiraling, I expressed my disappointment that there isn't multi-tasking on iPhones which would genuinely be useful, I was considering iPhone for their faster performance and better camera. Then individuals in their naivety jump on "that's useless on a phone" because it isn't a feature and because they can't have it, no one should, it's useless. That sums it up. Multi-tasking isn't useful for everyone, but it is a very useful feature, and does work, just because someone can't have it in their ecosystem doesn't mean it's not good.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't have a 4090 as its way outside my financial ability whilst ensuring financial stability, but just because I can't, doesn't mean its useless and a waste for everyone. I solely use Windows, it does everything I need, therefore I expect that Windows should be on every laptop I own and iOS is therefore crap and no one should use it. Same analogies here, get the theme.

I just find it absolutely incredible that those wash their hands of it because it's simply not there, if you think a bit more open minded you should be able to understand that, it does have its limited uses and that for some people it would as such be useful, and just because it's not useful for you doesn't mean it should be dismissed, and it's a simple feature that doesn't have to be used, so having it there, isn't going to be a problem. TLDR - Think outside the box

**Oops double post - wouldn't let me fit it into one post, was hoping it was auto-merge, guess not.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Things you will probably miss.

- Universal back button
- Notifications being presented logically and easy to triage.
- The speed of Android animations and scrolling.
- Notification Icons / a cleaner AOD implementation
- Putting icons/widgets anywhere you want
- The half swipe up to screenshot/select text/split screen.
- Individual volume controls.
- A clipboard

Things you'll appreciate in Apple land.

- Ecosystem, Apple stuff works really well together
- Beasty A-series chips
- Excellent first party support/accessory options
- Consistent App UI implementations, more polish in some apps.
- FaceID
- A chip that doesn't get hot and a solid modem.
- a Phone that doesn't tank in value.

@willhub

Back
Top Bottom