Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
For the luls, I looked at the Apple trade in value of the 14 pro max 512gb (my model). It’s £525.

Interesting the 13 pro max 512gb would be £375.

That’s £150 between the two. Assuming the pricing and trade-in values remain the same, it would be an extra year’s wait and £150 to upgrade to the 17 instead.

There is nothing that jumps out to me about the 16 so I guess I’ll do that.

Last edited:
Can anyone sum up simply, if I have a 12 Pro Max, will I be gaining a huge amount going to a 16 Pro Max?

Have been considering it.. got an upgrade deal from EE - just haven't really been following the tech. The 12 still seems to handle every game/app I throw at it.

Can anyone sum up simply, if I have a 12 Pro Max, will I be gaining a huge amount going to a 16 Pro Max?

Have been considering it.. got an upgrade deal from EE - just haven't really been following the tech. The 12 still seems to handle every game/app I throw at it.

Probably notice quite a large difference and the 15/6 pro with the slightly rounded design is much nicer to hold.

I’ve ordered a 16 Pro to replace my 14 Pro. I’ve got O2 Switch Up so may as well, as I haven’t used it all yet.

Need to get a case and screen protector for it. I’m thinking of a MagSafe case, nothing too bulky - any suggestions?

I also quite like the look of an Apple Watch 10. I’ve never really had much of the Apple stuff bar iPhones, but now I’m considering a watch and AirPods.

Ordered the desert titanium 16 pro. Always had black iPhones so this will be my first colour change.

Changing from my 14 pro. I do wish Apple still did leather cases. The silicone ones don’t seem that great.

Good to see some one calling out marketing BS with real data, sadly too many people think when they are buying a phone, they are buying a high end camera. I particularly like the fact he highlights the benefit to Apple making the files unnecessarily large means they can sell more iCloud space, and larger capacity devices. It's fine for something that fits in your pocket, and there is only some much you can do before physics gets in the way, but I HATE misleading marketing, which would be called lies in any other circumstance.

I really want to believe this video as I can’t stand anyone claiming smartphones are even remotely comparable to dedicated cameras because the difference will continue to remain enormous unless the laws of physics suddenly change.

However, the video seems to imply there is no point in shooting images above 12 MP. As an experiment, if I take two photos on my 15 Pro Max, one in 12 MP RAW and one in the fake 48 MP RAW, the detail in the latter is still significantly better when you zoom in. This isn’t pixel peeping, it’s just zooming in a bit and comparing side by side.

Back
Top Bottom