Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
What are the chances of getting an IPhone 16 Pro Max Desert titanium 1TB by going into the store on the 20th very early ?

I tried putting my order through at 1pm , I had it in the basket but it kept bringing up errors and kept asking me to sign in.

I watched this video and it's odd. No one ever expects an iPhone to be as good as a real full lens camera.

That isn't at all true, there are many people that think a 48mp phone is every bit as good as a 'proper' camera, if it wasn't why would they need to make it sound like it is? Why would they pretend a pro is going to chose it to shoot a music video over RED, or similar?

Even comparing it to my dedicated camera from some years back, the current iPhone is miles better.
If you are comparing it to a point and shoot from 2010 with a tiny CMOS sensor and a low quality lens then I am sure it will be.

The issue is why lie, when there is no need to? It's a good camera, he even says that, but marketing has a lot to answer for and if you think it is ok to blatantly lie market, then that's up to you.

That isn't at all true, there are many people that think a 48mp phone is every bit as good as a 'proper' camera, if it wasn't why would they need to make it sound like it is? Why would they pretend a pro is going to chose it to shoot a music video over RED, or similar?

If you are comparing it to a point and shoot from 2010 with a tiny CMOS sensor and a low quality lens then I am sure it will be.

The issue is why lie, when there is no need to? It's a good camera, he even says that, but marketing has a lot to answer for and if you think it is ok to blatantly lie market, then that's up to you.
No not at all. Can't say I've ever got the impression that it's meant to be a studio camera.

But rather it's capable of impressive pictures and video given its a phone that goes in my pocket with my everywhere. But I don't watch much beyond the announcements summarised by YouTubers.

I mean they pixel bin down to 12 ( or now 24mp) anyway even with the higher mp cameras. The megapixel war thankfully toned down a bit some years ago when people settled on about 12mp.

Didn't we get to over 100mp at one point and beyond?

Last edited:
What are the chances of getting an IPhone 16 Pro Max Desert titanium 1TB by going into the store on the 20th very early ?

I tried putting my order through at 1pm , I had it in the basket but it kept bringing up errors and kept asking me to sign in.

I’d say you have a high chance of getting one

But I don't watch much beyond the announcements summarised by YouTubers.

So you watch a summary of marketing then?
Didn't we get to over 100mp at one point and beyond?

Apparently yes, which is equally stupid. All the manufacturers do this, no idea why people seem to lap it up. To clarify you stated "No one expects" while that might be true for YOU it isn't for people who are clearly unable to filter the lies from the reality of things.

Anyhow the video sums all this up and isn't trying to do anything other point out how misleading the marketing is, if you disagree with the video or the conclusion that is up to you, not sure what he says that is incorrect, or why anyone would try and defend lies/marketing.

A decent chance I think, the lower storage ones are completely sold out.

I've finally checked out on the Apple website with a Desert titanium 1TB Pro max! I kept jumping between colour's and storage sizes and it started showing availability for Apple stores 3 or 4 hours away from me but out of nowhere there was a pickup slot available for the September 20th at my local apple store!

Currently processing and no payment has been taken yet.

Is the camera button not touch sensitive too? Sure I saw it being used to adjust camera modes in the recent Apple event. If so then it can’t be covered in order to work

Good to see some one calling out marketing BS with real data, sadly too many people think when they are buying a phone, they are buying a high end camera. I particularly like the fact he highlights the benefit to Apple making the files unnecessarily large means they can sell more iCloud space, and larger capacity devices. It's fine for something that fits in your pocket, and there is only some much you can do before physics gets in the way, but I HATE misleading marketing, which would be called lies in any other circumstance.
Is this the case on all phones where the 48mp image doesn’t even reflect a 12mp camera image? Or is it an iPhone thing where it appears a bit blurrier than expected when blowing the image up?

I went into my local 02 store and my contract allows yearly upgrade and I was the first but they did say their system crashed due to the volume of orders and that I was lucky. I think just happy with the minor tweaks this year but the wife is happy with the new colour.

Back
Top Bottom