Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
Yeah, installed that straight away.

Think I've got 14 days until the trade in for my old phone expires so I'll continue using that for the next week and see if they release a fix.

Hasn't really helped my mood that I've read this bug was in all of the betas and Apple still went ahead and released it.

Sucks, hopefully gets sorted soon.

Didn't have it on my 13 but seems to randomly effect all models so it's a IOS 18 bug.

From reading comments about it over the last few days, I thought the bug itself would be random but it effects every single first press on the left and right side of the phone for me, have to then press a second and sometimes a third time to get it to register.

Edit: I can't use it like this, gonna ask for a refund and I'll look to pick one up later in the year when/if they fix this mess.
I’ve used my phone tons since I got it on Friday and honestly haven’t been able to get the touch issue to happen, I must be using my phone differently to others as I’m sure it’s real with the number of reports about it.

I’ve used my phone tons since I got it on Friday and honestly haven’t been able to get the touch issue to happen, I must be using my phone differently to others as I’m sure it’s real with the number of reports about it.

I've managed to replicate the issue using this method:

Maybe other devices are more sensitive, I've not experienced it in normal use.

This is on a 16 pro max.

Hadn’t seen that post but that makes sense, guy further down says it’s the same on the left side of the screen around the camera button height.

Makes sense why it’s more of an issue further down the phone, especially when typing.

Think it impacts some more than others dependant on how they're holding it and if they are using a case or not etc.

General consensus seems to be that it's a software issue so hopefully apple will sort soon for the people it's causing aggro for.

Yeah, Sods Law because I use my left hand and it’s how I hold the phone naturally and where I rest my fingers.

Not sure why my 13 pro max wasn’t an issue though when it has been for others.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have a 13 Pro Max which I'll be keeping
My son has an iPhone XR, so he will be getting a 16 or 16 Pro. [But only because it's just a few pounds a month more than a 15 would cost]

These new 16 releases are seriously small, small incremental upgrades over the 15.
  • The new photo button doesn't really do much over the previous camera buttons on the 15
  • The 'new cameras' in the majority of use scenarios produce worse looking images than the 15.
  • There are no AI features available yet (despite this featuring on all of the advertising for the 16)
  • So....... we are left with updated colours !
People queued or rushed to buy this - weird !

Last edited:
I have a 13 Pro Max which I'll be keeping
My son has an iPhone XR, so he will be getting a 16 or 16 Pro. [But only because it's just a few pounds a month more than a 15 would cost]

These new 16 releases are seriously small, small incremental upgrades over the 15.
  • The new photo button doesn't really do much over the previous camera buttons on the 15
  • The 'new cameras' in the majority of use scenarios produce worse looking images than the 15.
  • There are no AI features available yet (despite this featuring on all of the advertising for the 16)
  • So....... we are left with updated colours !
People queued or rushed to buy this - weird !

What camera button on the 15?

The button was a pointless “action” button which I’ve only recently started using as a shortcut.

The camera slide button thing is completely new.

What camera button on the 15?

The button was a pointless “action” button which I’ve only recently started using as a shortcut.

The camera slide button thing is completely new.

The 'completely new' camera button on the 16 does most of the same stuff the action and volume buttons did on the previous phones. The new slide feature is pretty pointless, as there are better ways to get those things than try and slide a temperamental button, e.g. Pinch to zoom, or use the grid pad to change (and remember) photo filters

Last edited:
The 'completely new' camera button on the 16 does most of the same stuff the action and volume buttons did on the previous phones. The new slide feature is pretty pointless, as there are better ways to get those things than try and slide a temperamental button, e.g. Pinch to zoom, or use the grid pad to change (and remember) photo filters

I like the camera control, I find it much easier to use than the screen itself.

Back
Top Bottom