Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
So I’ve deliberately stayed out of the thread until I see some reviews given the upgrades to the regular 16. I’m currently on a 13 pro but I’m not convinced the pro is worth it this round.

I’ve still not decided 16 or 16 pro. For a ‘normal’ person it basically seems to come down to:
60hz vs 120hz
Extra camera
Different build materials
Software features I’ll probably never use
And….

Am I missing anything?

Sticking with the 13 Pro is always an option, if I did upgrade this would go to Mrs Sk8 who is on an 11 Pro.

I think ‘need’ for 120hz is a bit of a strong word for anyone, ‘want’ is probably a better description.

Most of my devices at >60hz but I can’t say I’m bothered when I’m not using a 120hz screen.

I mean my gaming monitor is 144hz and the side monitor next to it is 60hz. Can I tell, yes instantly, does it trigger me? No not at all.

The same probably applies to the extra camera and the few times I actually use it on the pro I have now which I think is only 2X.
So I just went and had a very quick test drive in the Apple Store.

Picked up the standard 16 and the 60hz screen immediately stood out as being objectively worse than my 13 Pro in general use, and the A-B test made it look even worse.

[Jack Bauer] Damn it! [/Jack Bauer]

Well that’s just cost me an extra £200…

I’m glad I looked at the colours of the Pros in person, I did not like the new sand colour and the natural looked particularly bland with its grey back so it’s either black or white for me. Probably white, the black phones already had marks on them in the Apple Store.

Why they couldn’t do it in the same finishes as the regular phone is beyond me.

P.S. the amount of hand grease on the demo phones in the Apple Store is enough to make one bulk in 2024.

All set up with the new phone and the direct transfer including esim went smoothly. Only strange thing is I had an IOS18 update available even though it arrived with the latest version :confused:

Moved from an iPhone 11 to 16 Pro. It’s a quantum leap in terms of technology - however, I’m partially regretting the decision and looking to change. I’m planning on going for a 16 instead:
- nearly 30g lighter / better balance
- smaller dimensions
- £200 cheaper (not a major factor)

I know I’ll miss the 120Hz display with AoD, better battery life, LIDAR camera but overall the 16 seems a better all round offer.

Anything to consider before I return it?
I made the jump from the 11 Pro to 16 Pro and really enjoying it so far. I think on the weight it’s 11g more so I struggled to feel a difference. The biggest upgrade is the camera, it’s ridiculously good compared to the 11.

Got my 16 pro today. Spigen case feels REALLY tight. It messed up my screen protector immediately Face unlock is RAPID

Can anyone help with a few questions as I’m a long time android user and finding a few things a bit odd

1) sharing a screenshot seems to a certain WhatsApp contact seems to take far too many clicks. Android learnt who I usually share with and it was one click away. Do I really need to take the screen shot , click share, scroll to WhatsApp and then find the contact?

2) is there a way of customising the keyboard to include special chars or numbers above the normal text? Or at the very least customise the secondary keyboard (when you press the 123 button and it shows numbers and special chars

3) can you get external password manager’s to autofill mfa? Example being Overclockers forum android would have autofilled my mfa from 1password, I had to manually go and copy it from 1 password earlier…..

Last edited:
Got my 16 pro today. Spigen case feels REALLY tight. It messed up my screen protector immediately Face unlock is RAPID

Can anyone help with a few questions as I’m a long time android user and finding a few things a bit odd

1) sharing a screenshot seems to a certain WhatsApp contact seems to take far too many clicks. Android learnt who I usually share with and it was one click away. Do I really need to take the screen shot , click share, scroll to WhatsApp and then find the contact?

2) is there a way of customising the keyboard to include special chars or numbers above the normal text? Or at the very least customise the secondary keyboard (when you press the 123 button and it shows numbers and special chars

3) can you get external password manager’s to autofill mfa? Example being Overclockers forum android would have autofilled my mfa from 1password, I had to manually go and copy it from 1 password earlier…..
1) iOS will learn eventually who your common contacts are

2) not sure but don’t think so

3) Settings/ General/ Autofill and Passwords - 1Password should be an option to autofill from

1) iOS will learn eventually who your common contacts are

2) not sure but don’t think so

3) Settings/ General/ Autofill and Passwords - 1Password should be an option to autofill from
1) very pleased to hear thank you
2) I find it infuriating that * is 3 clicks away
3) it is for forms but not for MFA fields for the TOTP code which it does in android without even the need to click autofill :-(

Last edited:

Which Spigen case did you get?
Mines got a metal rim around the camera lenses which is a bit loose, not sure if it’s by design or faulty

Are Apple easy to deal with, with regards to warranty replacements? Although I didn’t get it directly from Apple. Just noticed that there’s a kind of lump in the screen, midway down the screen :rolleyes:

That and looking at the screen, the forum layout looks ever so slightly off axis, like it’s twisted down to the left.

Last edited:
Enjoying the lightness of 16 Pro compared to 14 Pro. I have relunctantly opted for an Apple silicon case for now (I was an avid leather case fan before). I'll keep looking for good 3rd party ones but not seen one yet.

It's a moderate upgrade at the moment, I'm sure I'll get more used to the camera controls but really I am just waiting for Apple Intelligence to drop for the UK to really make use of the new hardware

Enjoying the lightness of 16 Pro compared to 14 Pro. I have relunctantly opted for an Apple silicon case for now (I was an avid leather case fan before). I'll keep looking for good 3rd party ones but not seen one yet.
I was planning to do a ‘one-year on’ review of my Mujjo leather case for the 15PM.

The TL;DR version is that it’s not perfect but a decent alternative given Apple no longer do leather cases.

Watch this space for a more in-depth review when I get around to it. :)

Back
Top Bottom