Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
Seems the internet is returning their iPhone 16 a lot, simply not that good an upgrade apparently, how many of you lot have returned it? I’ve kept my 13pro for now, its just not different enough at this point to upgrade IMO, we’ll see how time pans out.

Seems the internet is returning their iPhone 16 a lot, simply not that good an upgrade apparently, how many of you lot have returned it? I’ve kept my 13pro for now, its just not different enough at this point to upgrade IMO, we’ll see how time pans out.

It's no less (or more) of an upgrade than the previous few years. Updates are now very incremental, it's essentially ongoing refinement of a mature product. The 'Apple Intelligence' features will be a nice upgrade when they launch, and only this generation and the 15 Pro Max models from last year will get these. Also, the very slightly larger screens and new camera control button are nice, not to mention the improved battery life and all the other under the hood updates.

There are rumors of a new form factor next year, possibly a lighter/slimmer 'iPhone Air' that will sit between the regular models and the Pro models. Further rumors also talk of a new folding iPhone further ahead, this will likely be a few years away though. Apple no doubt have a roadmap out to several years ahead, with next years models already quite clearly defined.

Last edited:
I won't be, trading in my 13 Pro Max at 81% battery life as part of buying this. I was gonna hold out another year for the 17 but battery life has got so bad I thought rather than paying for a battery replacement i'd just get a new phone.

Also want the zoom on camera and better shots too as I take a lot of pictures.

16 pro 256gb ordered. Should be a nice upgrade for my XR 64GB which has become very slow over the last year!

It’s definitely slowed down. May try to hold out a little longer though, at least until Apple support ends this year. I was impressed when I went into the store yesterday, even the max feels so light.

Last edited:
Anyone having like a lag/slowness when typing? Moving around screens is fine, just the keyboard when typing feels laggy and not like my 13 Pro Max which was smooth as butter?

I've looked elsewhere and seems to be a problem on the 16 Pro Max, I tried disabling the camera control and that made it better but I use that so don't want to turn it off.

My 16 pro has turned off/reset a couple of times randomly. Went through the online chat who ran some diagnostics and they've got me to book an appointment - possible hardware issue.

It's only the second issue I've had with iPhones over the years and their CS is pretty much the best there is. Hopefully it'll be a quick swap.

Apple make it so easy now if you have one on 0% finance. Few clicks, trade in value, automatically clears loan and does a new one etc. Then I suddenly realised, I paid up front for 2 years AppleCare when I bought my 15 Pro Max last year (it was around £180). It appears if you upgrade and take out another 2 year policy, you are not refunded for the 1 year cover you didn't use and pay the same amount again for 2 years. Surely you should get a credit for the unused portion of AppleCare you purchased the year before?

I'm definitely not upgrading as 15 > 16 makes no zero sense anyway, but would still be interested to know.

Last edited:
Received my 16 Pro on Thursday and I’m glad I bought it but with a few caveats which are software related.

Why oh why can’t Apple have a separate volume control for notifications? They’re just too low.

In WhatsApp I set a different notification sound for each contact and on my Pixel 7 uploading my own sound files was simple and allocating uploaded sounds was also simple. Not on the iPhone it seems. Whilst I can add my own notification sounds they don’t propagate through to WhatsApp.

I do wish I could add at least 1 more app to the dock.

Other than that it’s a really good bit of hardware, I do miss the physical silent switch the 12 mini had though. I also like it’s a bit wider than my Pixel 7 as it sits more comfortably in my hand.

Just printing a stand for it.

IMG-2024-10-19-105312.jpg

Back
Top Bottom