Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
I don't know what it is with the max variants but I can never seem to get my hands on one for the first few weeks, so settled with the 16 Pro in natural Titanium although... noticed it's lost the tinge from the 15 Pro and looks more silver???

Was going to do finance, form was too much off a faff, ended up with a max 512 natural. Got the guy next door to stick a clear case and protector on it for now. Protector seems a bit big and doesn’t like the bezel.

Edit: it’s glorious. What an upgrade!

Last edited:
Do any of you set a charging limit for the battery?

Does it damage the screen having it on ‘standby’ all the time?

By standby do you mean always on display?

I set my 15 PM to 80% but that’s because it’ll last the day at that charge. If it doesn’t, don’t - it is a tool at the end of the day, and needs to last, unless you’re happy doing top ups

I don’t use the always on display as I have no need for it. If I want to see what’s on my phone I’ll wake it

My wife's 13 mini is struggling a lot with iOS 18 so I've given her my 15 Pro and bought a 16 Pro for myself. The setup process was a real pain as the iOS update process was looping repeatedly. I had to set the thing up as a new device, run the update, reset and then restore. The phone seems to be OK now though. Did anyone else encounter something similar to this?

Had my iPhone 16 pro to replace my pixel 7 pro now for a few weeks and I’m not hugely impressed

I expected apps to be more stable than on android, but I am finding they crash a lot more

The keyboard software doesn't feel as accurate or natural as plain android

The camera doesn’t seem leaps and bounds better, if at all

The hardware is lovely though, it’s a high quality piece of craftsmanship

Had my iPhone 16 pro to replace my pixel 7 pro now for a few weeks and I’m not hugely impressed

I expected apps to be more stable than on android, but I am finding they crash a lot more

The keyboard software doesn't feel as accurate or natural as plain android

The camera doesn’t seem leaps and bounds better, if at all

The hardware is lovely though, it’s a high quality piece of craftsmanship

Which apps? None of mine are crashing and I've got 50 installed

Cant comment too much on camera, all phones pretty much take the same photos these days. I do know Apple is behind in AI features compared to others so that's one advantage Android has for photos

I agree with the keyboard I've never liked the iPhone keyboard

One thing Android to iOS users may find annoying is animations as animations on iOS tend to play slower - even just unlocking the phone or returning to the Home Screen is slow on iOS compared to Android. You can disable animations but then it looks ugly

Last edited:
No idea how to get rid of that quote from my iPhone ^^^ sorry!

I’ve had a few crash! EBay, Pokémon go and HSBC of which I’ve noticed. Pretty unimpressed!

The thing the keyboard does when it doesn’t like what you’ve typed , so automatically changes it and is really stubborn about it is getting on my nerves.

Have the 16 pro and haven't had any crashes. Never had any crashes on the 13 pro max previously either. Thats unlikely to be a hardware issue, more likely badly written software.

Have to say, coming from the 13 pro max I am surprised how much faster it is for pretty much everything. I was expecting to be really underwhelmed but its a nice upgrade. I really like the front camera cutout because, as usual, Apple knows how to make something like this into a feature not a bug.

Not sure about the always on display, might turn that off. Nice going back to a slightly smaller phone as well. The max was nice for browsing but the tradeoffs for someone who doesn't spend their life glued to their phone were too much. That was part of the reason I went caseless with it; to knock down the weight/bulk of it.

Probably on an unrelated note to the 16 pro, I have a photo of a pot of soup that was really nice so I can make the recipe at home in my photos. I didn't want to scroll through millions of photos so I thought screw it, lets see if I can search my photos. Low and behold it found it for me based on some tiny, off-axis text in the grainy part of the photo. Very impressed.

Not a single app crash here on the max. It’s been great so far. Have turned off the always on display. Lots of new features that I’m playing with, liking all the new customisation and photos features on 18. Such a huge leap from the XR! Face ID seems to work quickly too. Keeping my XR as my banking phone, primarily because I can’t remember all my banking passwords to setup anything beyond my current accounts on my Max :p. I’ve also set the battery to 80% for now since I don’t seem to get through more than about 40% in the day.

Edit: I’ve gone back to always on display, but trying it without wallpaper on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom