Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
Whats the going rate on a 12, I've still got my old one from when I won this 15PM, should probably trade both in and make this 16P as cheap as possible.

I bought a 256gb 13 pro on release, and looked at how much space I'm currently using on it. There's 250gb free. I should probably just go for the 128 this year then...

You have no apps, no photos, no data, nothing?

Better off with a Nokia :D
I do have photos, use a few apps (mainly online banking etc), but I think it's synched with iCloud backup, and doesn't seem to take up any space on the phone!

How well does the Google ecosystem work on IPhone? Can I seamlessly use google photos, chrome and maps rather than apple equivalents? Tempted to maybe move over from android for my next phone

Works absolutely fine. In some cases even better.

Google maps blows apple maps out the water - there is a thread about that.

Drive and it’s associated apps work brilliant and are better than the apple equivalent.

They’ve recently made it easier to import all your google photos to icloud and it does it in the background too. Similarly for chrome. So you can bin off google photos and chrome when you move across. :)

How well does the Google ecosystem work on IPhone? Can I seamlessly use google photos, chrome and maps rather than apple equivalents? Tempted to maybe move over from android for my next phone

I moved over end of last year and had zero issues, Google photos works flawlessly and no issues with drive or Google one - I am one of the few who prefers to use apple maps though personally so never got around to trying Google maps.

I actually turned iCloud off for photos and strictly use Google photos.

I moved over end of last year and had zero issues, Google photos works flawlessly and no issues with drive or Google one - I am one of the few who prefers to use apple maps though personally so never got around to trying Google maps.

I actually turned iCloud off for photos and strictly use Google photos.
Good to know, that sounds like it would make the move pretty seamless for me. I've seen a lot of controversy with the iPhone 16 that it won't have a memory bump this year and so a lot of AI processing would end up being an afterthought and remote rather than securely on device. Whilst I'm not a massive fan of all the AI data access anyway, this worries me a little that it will become dated quickly if ram is a bottleneck. Anyone have any further insight?

Good to know, that sounds like it would make the move pretty seamless for me. I've seen a lot of controversy with the iPhone 16 that it won't have a memory bump this year and so a lot of AI processing would end up being an afterthought and remote rather than securely on device. Whilst I'm not a massive fan of all the AI data access anyway, this worries me a little that it will become dated quickly if ram is a bottleneck. Anyone have any further insight?
Hard to say until the event on the 9th when we hear the official announcement but I wouldn't worry too much at this time. It would be a major scandal if Apple released the 16 and then came back next year to say you'd need to upgrade again to get all the latest features when the 16 was billed as being what is required.

One thing iOS does well is optimisation and their ram management is brilliant I personally wouldn’t worry!

And the only issue I did have when switching across was WhatsApp, had to lose all my chats but gave me a much needed cleanup.

I just did a very cheap ‘upgrade’ to my 14 Pro Max that might suit others well if they are on the fence…

… I simply bought a new, thinner case :o - nothing special was £9 on Amazon. “ESR” is the brand if anyone cares. I mean, it’s not great, probably less protection but has shaved some weight and a mm or so off the edges. So it’s a little less bulky than the Spigen hybrid case I was using.

Certainly looking a lot nicer and less yellowed! Not quite as nice as the 15 pro max with a case but, you know, it was £9.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I usually get rid of a case after two years for that ‘new phone feel’ but the 14 pro max is horrid without a case, way too angular. They 100% fixed this with the 15 pro max which has much rounder edges.

Last edited:
I just did a very cheap ‘upgrade’ to my 14 Pro Max that might suit others well if they are on the fence…

… I simply bought a new, thinner case :o - nothing special was £9 on Amazon. “ESR” is the brand if anyone cares. I mean, it’s not great, probably less protection but has shaved some weight and a mm or so off the edges. So it’s a little less bulky than the Spigen hybrid case I was using.

Certainly looking a lot nicer and less yellowed! Not quite as nice as the 15 pro max with a case but, you know, it was £9.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I usually get rid of a case after two years for that ‘new phone feel’ but the 14 pro max is horrid without a case, way too angular. They 100% fixed this with the 15 pro max which has much rounder edges.

ESR make some excellent stuff, I have their magsafe car charger and a few of their other bits.

I tend to keep on hand a few cases and swap between them over the weeks.

Question for you regarding the finance, is it possible to pay it down quicker?

And how long is the term usually?

I am thinking of going that route this year.

I believe it’s just Barclays Partner Finance.

Back
Top Bottom