Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
Works great on my iPad - imagine similar on iPhone
Thanks, good to know. I'll see if there are any reasonable deals and keep my s22 ultra to fall back on if I don't get along with it. It's probably going to be little things like the rubbish keyboard, and weird back system compared to android i.e the letter are all uppercase and there isn't a universal back button

Thanks, good to know. I'll see if there are any reasonable deals and keep my s22 ultra to fall back on if I don't get along with it. It's probably going to be little things like the rubbish keyboard, and weird back system compared to android i.e the letter are all uppercase and there isn't a universal back button

You can use different keyboards on iPhones, I've used swiftkey for years just because I prefer it to the normal iOS one.

Looking forwards to the new 16 Pro. Sad they had to make it bigger and screw with the aspect ratio.... The current aspect is basically perfect.

Looking forwards to the new 16 Pro. Sad they had to make it bigger and screw with the aspect ratio.... The current aspect is basically perfect.

How much bigger is it though realistically, I've not really been keeping up with things outside of this thread as there's always an influx of rumours, guestimates and outright BS when it comes to new Apple products so I tend to ignore most of it..

I’m actually surprised they don’t take this into account with their constant talk about waste/recycling. A massive amount of cases become waste very quickly I imagine.
Because like every major corporation they don’t really care and it’s all just sound bites to make them look good.

Same with not including chargers in the box, they still manufacture them but they want more cash is all.

Last edited:
Probably going to get a 16 Pro. I had forgotten they don’t come with chargers anymore and it sounds like this one has 40w charging so will need a new one.

The new (latest) iPad Pro AFAIK still only has 30w. 40w wouldn’t be that much of a jump in terms of heat and software management to be worth while implementing it on the 16, I’m sure I seen in tests the 15 pro only pulle 27w

could it be that it would degrade the battery a lot quicker if it was >50w

The new (latest) iPad Pro AFAIK still only has 30w. 40w wouldn’t be that much of a jump in terms of heat and software management to be worth while implementing it on the 16, I’m sure I seen in tests the 15 pro only pulle 27w

could it be that it would degrade the battery a lot quicker if it was >50w

Going by rumours the battery is going to be housed in a premium metal shell as opposed to cheap foil meaning heat dissipation should be much better.

All of the previous phones pulled 27w if you bought a charger capable of offering it.

Going by rumours the battery is going to be housed in a premium metal shell as opposed to cheap foil meaning heat dissipation should be much better.

All of the previous phones pulled 27w if you bought a charger capable of offering it.

Ah okay, be interesting to see what they come up with then.

I don’t think it’ll be worth whole me upgrading my current set up - have a 30w apple charger as well as their duel 35w which isn’t enough to power my anker cube!

Would like a 70w duel one from apple to use with the travel kit.

Ironically the Google apps work better on iOS. App development just seems to be better on iOS all round.

It's like that for many things; I have wireless speakers, a wireless camera system, routers, some smart locks and even a smart AC system, robot vacuum and smart lights and for all of these devices I have a seperate app and it works well and currently for all these apps, they are known to be either completely none functional Or barely functional on Android

If I switched to Android today I'd have to replace thousands of dollars of devices because half their features don't work on Android

The one workaround is that all these devices do support some commonality in wireless control and someone who has time and effort could setup each to work over a centralised command module and another app to control it over wifi. So it's not like Android users are completely stuffed, but they have to spend more money and effort to get their stuff working

Last edited:
Ironically the Google apps work better on iOS. App development just seems to be better on iOS all round.
Google Maps is definitely the better app however their actual database leaves a lot to be desired. If I put in a specific address it’s honestly a 50/50 chance if Google is right. I’ve often found addresses can be at other ends of streets or even on entirely different roads. My own address is a good 0.5km out and despite repeatedly filling in the request to fix form it has never changed.
Apple Maps on the other hand takes me straight to the door every single time.

It’s really annoying because Googles real time traffic is astonishingly good - but if it ultimately can’t take to where I need to go then it’s not much use.

Last edited:
Google Maps is definitely the better app however their actual database leaves a lot to be desired. If I put in a specific address it’s honestly a 50/50 chance if Google is right. I’ve often found addresses can be at other ends of streets or even on entirely different roads. My own address is a good 0.5km out and despite repeatedly filling in the request to fix form it has never changed.
Apple Maps on the other hand takes me straight to the door every single time.

It’s really annoying because Googles real time traffic is astonishingly good - but if it ultimately can’t take to where I need to go then it’s not much use.

Complete polar opposite for me!

Back
Top Bottom