Poll: *** The Official iPhone 16 thread (it has Apple Intelligence and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 16 will you be getting?

• Total voters
Has anybody got experience trading in direct with Apple? It doesn’t ask for a condition per se it’s either excellent no scratches or poor loads no very good, good, poor etc.

Mine is mostly mint except for the odd marks around the charging port which can’t be avoided imo.

Traded in my 13PM last year for the 15PM direct with Apple - it was as seamless a process as I expected it to be. As you say, if it switches on and there is no structurally compromising damage then you’re good.

Last edited:
Use this thread for any wishes/rumours about the upcoming 2024 iPhone! (I know, im shameless copying the iphone 15 thread)

Hardware/Design Wishlist:
1) Faster charging and port speed - 60w wired charging, 20w wireless charging, Thunderbolt 4/5 data speed (40/80gbps)
2) Touch ID in power button
3) Increased display resolution/PPI
4) Stacked battery technology and/or graphene batteries

Software:
1) better camera features for slow mo
2) be able to get ID on phone wallet (UK especially)
3) be able to use the action button for more than 1 action. i.e single tap vs double tap vs long press etc etc
4) improve control centre, looks outdated as hell and can do much more there
5) RCS instead of SMS would be great, can then finally get rid of other certain messaging apps

1) Faster charging and port speed - 60w wired charging, 20w wireless charging, Thunderbolt 4/5 data speed (40/80gbps) - Sadly no it seems for the most part, except wireless charging speed!
2) Touch ID in power button - Sadly no it seems
3) Increased display resolution/PPI - Sadly no it seems
4) Stacked battery technology and/or graphene batteries - Sadly no it seems

Software:

1) better camera features for slow mo - Yes! Surprised at this, my only wish was that it was 4k 240fps instead of just 120fps but it'll do!
2) be able to get ID on phone wallet (UK especially) - still waiting...
3) be able to use the action button for more than 1 action. i.e single tap vs double tap vs long press etc etc - Think this was mentioned briefly, at least action button doing different things at different times
4) improve control centre, looks outdated as hell and can do much more there - coming with ios 18
5) RCS instead of SMS would be great, can then finally get rid of other certain messaging apps - yes!

All in all not bad, most the software wishes were pretty much answered and yet none of the hardware ones. Hopefully the 17 pro max addresses these issues!

Last edited:
1) Faster charging and port speed - 60w wired charging, 20w wireless charging, Thunderbolt 4/5 data speed (40/80gbps) - Sadly no it seems for the most part, except wireless charging speed!

Software:

1) better camera features for slow mo - Yes! Surprised at this, my only wish was that it was 4k 240fps instead of just 120fps but it'll do!
3) be able to use the action button for more than 1 action. i.e single tap vs double tap vs long press etc etc - Think this was mentioned briefly, at least action button doing different things at different times
4) improve control centre, looks outdated as hell and can do much more there - coming with ios 18
5) RCS instead of SMS would be great, can then finally get rid of other certain messaging apps - yes!

All in all not bad, most the software wishes were pretty much answered and yet none of the hardware ones. Hopefully the 17 pro max addresses these issues!

I find the new eye tracking to be interesting, entire phone can be used without hands

Apple is saying 5 hours more battery life over my 13pm, so that's nice

Bigger screen and 10% lighter too

Upgrade from 15w to 25w wireless charging is awesome

Last edited:

Software:

Surely your desire for ID (presumably driving license and passport?) will rely on government sign-off, so it won't only be in Apple's hands.

Capture button on the side seems unecessary when you could just use the action button for that. I feel like this is the start of moving on from the number of lenses on the back to the number of buttons around the outside :D

Capture button on the side seems unecessary when you could just use the action button for that. I feel like this is the start of moving on from the number of lenses on the back to the number of buttons around the outside :D

Action button can launch the camera sure but that’s it, it doesn’t have the multi touch functions.

They could have added TouchID to the camera button as plenty of people would have loved that.

I dont get the fascination with touchid

The new button is stupid, I'd never use it and if its intention is to work as a function button when taking photos, then they should have put the button on the bottom of the phone so when you hold the phone horizontally its easy to use. However I can see why they placed it there, so left handed people can still use it - bottom of the phone would be better but then it cant be accessed with the left hand

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom