• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Ive just been offered the 64gb iPhone XS with EE on the 100GB Max plan ,for £58 a month and £70 upfront cost via live chat ,not a bad deal really if you take the phone cost into account

Ive just been offered the 64gb iPhone XS with EE on the 100GB Max plan ,for £58 a month and £70 upfront cost via live chat ,not a bad deal really if you take the phone cost into account

O2 have a good offer via mobiles.co.uk if you want to have a look. Less data but a bit cheaper.

If you are getting the phone either way, these are good deals but as soon as I put my sensible head on I realise that even if the contract is only £14/month after you take the price of the phone off, thats still a £1000 I am spending on a phone. If I keep my 7+ and my current contract I will save £1000+. Lets be honest, next year isn't likely to have a radically different iPhone 11 and the A11/A12 processors are ridiculously quick. The Qualcom snapdragons are a few years behind still.

O2 have a good offer via mobiles.co.uk if you want to have a look. Less data but a bit cheaper.

If you are getting the phone either way, these are good deals but as soon as I put my sensible head on I realise that even if the contract is only £14/month after you take the price of the phone off, thats still a £1000 I am spending on a phone. If I keep my 7+ and my current contract I will save £1000+. Lets be honest, next year isn't likely to have a radically different iPhone 11 and the A11/A12 processors are ridiculously quick. The Qualcom snapdragons are a few years behind still.
I totally agree, i have the iPhone X already (sim free) and I,m on an EE sim only plan ,and as decent as the deal is i just cannot bring myself to enter into a 2 year contract ,especially as the XS offers very little over the X

I do not, search for NCSC articles.

Don't be naive in thinking that just because they have received accreditation to for our broadband infrastructure that a Chinese company would not be beyond putting in back doors etc onto phones. Phones which you do online banking etc on. Perhaps I am wearing a tin foil hat but I find them incredibly difficult to trust.

What are you talking about? Apple wouldn't crumble to the FBI so why would they to any other government/agency?

Do you work at Apple? You know this for a fact?

The problem with Three is that you'll end up on their network, which I found to be heavily congested more often than I'd like!

I’ve been with Three for 4 years now and haven’t had any issues with them regarding 4G.

Market share is meaningless when you take 90% of the profits from the entire market. The market has grown faster than Apples overall unit shipments (particularly due to emerging markets), but in their core markets like the USA and Europe iPhone is closer to 50%.

Their core market is people with disposable income. What drives the demand from the young people these days, they see their favorite celebrity posting on Instagram with an iPhone, they must have one. It is as much a status symbol as it is about having the best phone, its no different to cars. How many people rent the latest car they cant afford to buy to keep up with the Jones'? Back in the day it was all about BBM with 'the kids', now its iPhone.

They will not compete with cheap $200 phones at the low end which is where the majority of the volume is and there is exactly $0 to be made trying to put cheap phones in the hands of people in India/China etc.

It's no different to the PC market, all the volume is in £300-£400 units, so Apple miss out on a huge portion of the 'market' but they take most the profit from the high end.

Its a very clever place they have positioned their brand, all the other brands aspire to replicate it but fail miserably most of the time (MS, Samsung, HTC etc.). I think if Google cut out all the 3rd parties and pulled together a consistent quality offering for a few generations they could start eroding some of Apples profits but it would take some serious effort and risk.
The irony is their core market is not people with disposable income. The vast majority of their customers buy an iPhone on tick i.e. monthly contracts. It’s older people like myself who are the ones with disposable income but aren’t swayed by the ridiculous hype so we don’t buy into the illusion.

We look at the entire designer industry celebrity culture obsession and simply shake our collective heads in disbelief. It’s precisely because we don’t fall for all the sales guff from many varied sources that we have disposable income.

We look at the entire designer industry celebrity culture obsession and simply shake our collective heads in disbelief. It’s precisely because we don’t fall for all the sales guff from many varied sources that we have disposable income.

Ha ha. How utterly deluded.

The reason your generation has lots of disposable income is that you bought your houses for relative buttons and have triple lock pensions and enjoyed comparatively higher wages.

Not because you don't buy iPhones (which plenty do btw). Ha ha. Stick your thought up your ****.

Go buy an avocado sandwich. Live a little.

The reason your generation has lots of disposable income is that you bought your houses for relative buttons and have triple lock pensions and enjoyed comparatively higher wages.

Not because you don't buy iPhones (which plenty do btw). Ha ha. Stick your thought up your ****.

Go buy an avocado sandwich. Live a little.
The reasons for the disposable income in this instance is irrelevant. What I said is the more mature demographic are the ones with the disposable income (in the main) - which is true, you've just confirmed this yourself.

I was answering b0rn2sk8 post where it was stated that Apple's core market are those with disposable income. I replied the majority of iPhone customers buy them on tick not cash, again which is true. Another little known fact is that women are the biggest buyers of the iPhone in the UK, hence why there is this backlash against Apple for scrapping the SE - women have smaller hands.

Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message.

Got the xs max 64gb coming on Friday, 64 seems to be enough for me as my 6s list still has plenty after 2.5 years or more

I think the Xr is definitely the most interesting of their range. Apple are expecting it to be the biggest seller. If I sold my iPhone 7 it's the only model that would interest me. It's basically the 8 plus in a new jacket at a more manageable size and a better price point.

I think the Xr is definitely the most interesting of their range. Apple are expecting it to be the biggest seller. If I sold my iPhone 7 it's the only model that would interest me. It's basically the 8 plus in a new jacket at a more manageable size and a better price point.

The lack of 3D touch is such a bizarre decision though, as it kind of cripples some useful functionality in the iOS11 and 12.

The lack of 3D touch is such a bizarre decision though, as it kind of cripples some useful functionality in the iOS11 and 12.

Yeah, I really like the idea of a 6.1" phone. I've got the X and would give up the second camera lense and high res screen for a slightly larger screen (6.5" is too big for me). But I couldn't live without 3D touch, it's just too damn useful for productivity when manipulating text.

Yeah, I really like the idea of a 6.1" phone. I've got the X and would give up the second camera lense and high res screen for a slightly larger screen (6.5" is too big for me). But I couldn't live without 3D touch, it's just too damn useful for productivity when manipulating text.
It has Haptic touch which is a sort of pseudo effect.

Personally I'm not interested in 3D touch and from what I read somewhere Apple's own research shows it's a little used feature.

Back
Top Bottom