• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
The internet is so crap these days - impossible to find non sponsored case reviews. Any decent recommendations for the XR? The base ones look OK but importing.... it won’t arrive in time :( and protection looks slightly dubious. Better than no case though.

Soldato
The internet is so crap these days - impossible to find non sponsored case reviews. Any decent recommendations for the XR? The base ones look OK but importing.... it won’t arrive in time :( and protection looks slightly dubious. Better than no case though.
Not fancy something from the Apple store? I know they can be pricey but...

Soldato
So after my third attempt I’m finally in possession of a perfectly put together iPhone Xs max, no sharp edges or misalignment issues, space grey is a lovely colour.

I wonder if they had a few early teething problems with the silver models.
I’m glad to hear that. Top apple customer service as always !

Associate
I’m glad to hear that. Top apple customer service as always !

Cheers, although I purchased the first from apple and just sent it back, second one was from Currys, and after speaking to apple they said I’d have to deal with Currys (fair enough) so returned it to them and awaiting the refund.

This one I just purchased from apple again as they had next day stock.

I don’t usually get like this with phones but coming towards the end of 8 weeks off work with a broken ankle so I have had a lot more time to contemplate stuff I wouldn’t usually bother with lol.

Soldato
Ah. Fair enough :p in all honesty you’re paying upwards of £1000 for the phone so it should be perfect. I wouldn’t except any less than perfection either. Thankfully my Xs was spot on out the box. :D

Associate
Ah. Fair enough :p in all honesty you’re paying upwards of £1000 for the phone so it should be perfect. I wouldn’t except any less than perfection either. Thankfully my Xs was spot on out the box. :D

Yes you are right when anything reaches this sort of money you expect 100%. Good to hear most people have not had issues, it’s a great phone.

Associate
Just preordered and it looked like it went through ok but it’s come up as declined in the Apple wallet app. Anyone had that before or any tips? Wondering whether to Chuck a second order in with another card, should have plenty of credit on original though.

Last edited:
Associate
I just pre-ordered the 128Gb XR in white. I was 50/50 over black or white, but decided on a change. Interestingly the pre orders opened earlier than 8am with the mobile networks, around 730am. I've got friends and family on EE but still wanted to check Vodafone. Had to look twice on the Vodafone page as the price looked so much cheaper before I realised it was something like £384 up front. Struggled ordering on the EE app though, it kept getting to payment page, doing the bank verify, then redirecting to a page that didn't exist. Fixed by 8:30am though.

Over 24 months, it worked out around £50 cheaper on contract with the FF discount over buying up front, but that was based on my current sim only which is 25gb, and the new contract I went for is 60Gb. Just couldn't justify the extra to get the 100Gb on data when I'm barely using 20Gb atm. I was on 40% discount still with FF which made me not want to drop to the 30%, but had to eventually I guess. Was paying £15 a month for 25gb data and unlimited everything else. With damage protection it's working out at £55 a month for the new contract which isn't too awful. Much better than the prices on the XS and Max.

I'm mainly went for the XR on price and the battery life increase over the XS (hope it's true for real). I'm coming from an iPhone 6 Plus which even with a battery change is still struggling. I've waited so long to upgrade mainly because I just can't justify the prices these days. Used to upgrade every year, then every 18months until it went to 24 months, I'm on a very good wage (silly money per day atm), and I still can't justify so much on a phone, which is why the XR, while expensive seemed like a better deal.

Last edited:
Associate
Similar for me, just ordered a 128GB XR in black (outright from Apple as I'm on an old, reasonably priced unlimited internet SIM only). I'm upgrading from a 6, had a 4 before that. Before the 4 I kept phones for a year or two usually, I had a bunch of Nokia S60s, then iPhone, iPhone3G.

I wanted to move up to a bigger screen so I was comparing the XS Max to the XR and didn't feel anything about it justified the price increase for me.

Associate
So it’s midway through the pre-order day of apples arguably most popular model this year and apart from Corel and yellow 64GB all variants are available for delivery on release day.

Either interest in iPhones is decreasing, people are not bothering with upgrades due to IOS12 working its magic on older phones or Apple are making absolutely loads.

After owning every iPhone generation from the 3G I remember having to wait weeks for some of the older models in the past.

Soldato
Loads of tempered glass protectors on Amazon. Went for the Syncwire one in the end. Came with alignment tool which worked perfectly, no bubbles, can't even see there's a protector on the screen, compatible with my Bare case - no complaints.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Loads of tempered glass protectors on Amazon. Went for the Syncwire one in the end. Came with alignment tool which worked perfectly, no bubbles, can't even see there's a protector on the screen, compatible with my Bare case - no complaints.

Looks good. I'm wondering if it will work with official apple case.

Caporegime
I’ve ordered the spigen one, hasn’t arrived yet though so may cancel it and get the one you have.

Btw my bare case arrived today and no customs charge whatsoever. Just put it on and it’s a very nice case, very minimalistic and you can hardly tell if there is a case on it.

Also I get to throw the ugly ass clear one that I’ve been using for past couple of weeks so win win:p

Back
Top Bottom