• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
I turned off emergency sos and I haven’t had any pocket dials since. So, I'm not sure if it was the SOS feature or the emercengy contact feature.

With SOS on it's possible if you're fiddling with your phone in your pocket and you click the power button 5 times

0Zp1z3B.jpg

With it off, it's still possible. If swipe up to unlock is actioned, but the phone doesn't unlock.

RPElQmX.jpg

Then 'Emergency' is accidentally tapped

11zD6Gb.png

Then 'Medical ID selected', and one of your emergency contacts selected.

ohjts2L.png

Commissario
OP
That’s a really good spot. I have taken my phone out sometimes to find that it’s trying to use Apple Pay and waiting for Face ID where I must have double tapped the side button. It’s only three more clicks to enable the emergency SOS.

Soldato
I've turned off the 'raise to wake' feature and 'tap to wake', or whatever they're called. It's helped a lot but has meant I've turned some of the useful features, or 'meant to be' useful.
Face ID is great, but if it's at my desk, I still have to move my head physically over the phone to unlock it. Previously I could just put my finger on it, and away I went.

EDIT: oh yeh that was a new one to me!

I had my phone in my pocket, and whilst BT'd to my car, I wanted to increase the volume on the phone (as the car volume was already was quite high). It turns out I called the emergency services as I pressed it 5 times! I didn't realise this until the music tuned off and took the phone out of my pocket (while driving!) to see it had made the call.
I had a police man turn up at my house at 1am to check it out as apparently a male voice was heard shouting NO! That was me saying NO.....you ......blah blah.....That must have been when I ended the call.

Why is that activated by default!?! And surely if it is, why aren't you made aware of it!!?

Soldato
I find tap to wake very useful, raise to wake is a pain though. I've just turned that off and now that it's only a light tap to wake the screen I think that might be the best compromise. Raise to wake off, and tap to wake on. Goign to try that for a bit.

Man of Honour
I've never had an iPhone unlock or autodial someone when in my pocket, emergency or otherwise, including having owned my X since launch.

Soldato
I think it's becuase I can sometimes be sort of figity in my pocket. You can also use the sleep key to wake your screen and send it back to sleep. If you do that twice in a short time, then slip an extra click in there by mistake then you've activated SOS by mistake.

Man of Honour
So you're blaming the phone because you're fidgeting with it when it's in your pocket?

Edit, apologies, it was someone else complaining about it.

Soldato
Anyone use Chrome here on their iPhone?

Lately, when I click on the search results every result I click opens up a new tab, it’s driving me mad! Ive looked all through the settings and can’t see anything. :( I have an XS Max if it helps

Associate
I seem to be having WiFi issues , usually had good reception in most places in house but Xs is definitely not as good as the 8/7 or even x but everything is really good performance build quality no other phone maker comes close

Soldato
I made the mistake of selling the iPhone X to go over to android first with pixel 3 then s10e. I got a iPhone XS now.

I don't mind android at all. Its just app wise I am fairly invested in the apple ecosystem. I also prefer the seamless integration with Apple devices.

Managed to get a immaculate MacBook air 2018 too having sold my mbp 2017. I disliked the keyboard on that, it felt very hard but the mba keyboard seems more soft.

Soldato
Not really sure which thread is best for this (I have an 8 +) but does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless phone and apple watch charger?

I took a look at the Belkin boost up. It's really much more than I'd like to pay for a charger but more than that users complain about a whining noise when charging (it'll be on my bedside table so that's a no go).

What are you guys using?

Soldato
Anyone use Chrome here on their iPhone?

Lately, when I click on the search results every result I click opens up a new tab, it’s driving me mad! Ive looked all through the settings and can’t see anything. :( I have an XS Max if it helps

Chrome user and XS Max and I can't say I've ever had that issue with Chrome. Basically been using Chrome since it was first on iOS and it's never caused any problems for me

Back
Top Bottom