• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Got my new iPhone Xs, how do I transfer my chats from WhatsApp from my galaxy S9 to my Xs?

WhatsApp through iOS doesn't give a restore from Google drive option so is my chat history gone now? :(

I did it - I can't remember the tool I used, it cost $29 though - you need a windows pc to do it as well - and it involves force down grading whatsapp on both android and ios - so it backs up to a file, then plugging both phones in the same time and restoring cross platform, takes about half hour and a minor faff but can be done if your desperate enough.

Soldato
I have them all backed up to google drive, if needs be i'll buy a very cheap android phone and restore the whatsapp conversations on there but for now i'll just start new conversations on the iPhone. :)

Soldato
Getting really bored with Wi-Fi issues on the Xs Max. Constant slow loading of instagram pictures/Facebook and other social apps, switch to a very weak 4g in my room and the stuff that didn’t load on WiFi now instantly loads.
Even my old Note 2 on the same WiFi loads the social stuff faster
Pushing me try the S10

Associate
Had my new XR for a while and its a decent upgrade from my 7. Getting used to the face unlock compared ti=o finger print. Battery is much better and last the day easily on average to heavy use. Even getting used to the size and weight difference which really annoyed me to start with.

Associate
Ended up trading my iPhone 7 in for an iPhone XR, what an awesome upgrade. I didn't think the iPhone 7 was slow, but this XR is fast!
Wasn't sure if I'd like the bigger phone and screen, but it's awesome after a few days to get used to it.
Wish Apple would do the leather case for the XR as well, not a massive fan of the silicon cases, can anyone recommend any decent third party leather cases? Not the booklet style just covers the back of the phone.

Soldato
Never quite understood people that flip flop between iOS and Android every year, especially if you have other Apple Hardware, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch etc. I started with iPhone's with the 6 and I'm pretty much locked in to Apple for life now, not that I mind, I much prefer the OS and the ecosystem. Everything just works together so nicely.

I've been with Apple since the 90s and owned their first iphone. Now have a iphone, watch and MBP, like you say it all just works perfectly together. Saying that my 7 Plus is still doing me fine. Nothing on the latest versions has had me saying "I've got to have it!" Come on Apple blow me away with the next version, I'm a sucker for your tech.

Caporegime
I've been with Apple since the 90s and owned their first iphone. Now have a iphone, watch and MBP, like you say it all just works perfectly together. Saying that my 7 Plus is still doing me fine. Nothing on the latest versions has had me saying "I've got to have it!" Come on Apple blow me away with the next version, I'm a sucker for your tech.

I went from iPhone 6 to XR, in actual use there is nothing in it, difference is just a little better in every way. But it doesn’t do things that the 6 can’t really. I only upgraded because of the larger screen and speed.

Back
Top Bottom