***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

In the XDA thread about the ear-piece issues people are saying "All smartphones" phones have low volume static coming from the ear-piece speaker when idle/sleeping, can anyone with a different smartphone test this for me please in a very quiet place and see if other smartphones do have this and we simply never noticed it.

What happened to eBay?

£475, thats almost £200 over list price... there's a chump born every minute.

Last night I saw one go for £750, and there are lots around 500-600, things are getting very crazy.

In the XDA thread about the ear-piece issues people are saying "All smartphones" phones have low volume static coming from the ear-piece speaker when idle/sleeping, can anyone with a different smartphone test this for me please in a very quiet place and see if other smartphones do have this and we simply never noticed it.

I have heard this before once or twice on my S2, but right now its making no sound at all.

Can't hear anything on my S with the screen on or of.

Can't hear anything on my S with the screen on or of.

Thought as much though no longer have my SII to test. If it is eating some battery then when they sort it this thing will have amazing battery, in fact the battery is already waaaay better then my expectations.

Since my earlier battery screenshots I posted I have used it a fair amount all with brightness set to auto and it's still holding up amazingly, it feels like the battery is completely different to the one the review sites used... :confused:

cxHTO.jpg.png

Will test a HTC desire later and see if it does the same.

The android chart/battery meter info. must be buggy as your screen usage is still showing as only 22% being used :confused:

And yeah the latest software update that you guys received has probably improved the battery life :)

Last edited:
Do we know when these will be more 'easily' available from Google at £279 for the 16 GB? Or, at least a rough idea when the next batch will be released, even if that does mean having to F5 *a lot*?

My new micro SIM has arrived but it has to be activated within 30 days and my current phone (Galaxy S i9000) does not take a micro SIM...

Sorry if this has been recently answered but at 121 pages there's no surpise I've missed it! :)

Honestly if it's so so quiet it could easily be imagined or some sort of sea-shell effect. That said I tried putting my Nexus S up against my ear and I think I'm hearing static but I'm not all that convinced its coming from the phone. Like I said it reminds of when you put a sea shell up against your ear and can supposedly 'hear the sea'.

Screen on time is 1hr55mins so do you think that sounds about right?

Hmm, your % should have gone up then as that is an extra hour on screen time with auto brightness.

Either a bug with it or LG were telling the truth about having the most power efficient screen :p

If you keep up with your current usage you should get about 3 hours 30 minutes - 4 hours on screen time.

Hmm, your % should have gone up then as that is an extra hour on screen time with auto brightness.

Either a bug with it or LG were telling the truth about having the most power efficient screen :p

If you keep up with your current usage you should get about 3 hours 30 minutes - 4 hours on screen time.

It could be that I have been in a dimly lit room for a few hours and it is no longer day time, IE the screens auto-brightness is lower then it was earlier in the day and thus more power efficient.

Back
Top Bottom