***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

think il probably get one, i have the sg2 served me well dont really need an upgrade but at this price why not.
you can get £152 recycle for the sg2 atm so it wont cost the earth to upgrade, i guess you could try and sell it for a bit more but its normally not worth the hassle.

Will most of you be buying straight away? or waiting for proper reviews first?

I will be ****ed if the 32GB comes out before xmas at the 16GB price.

i'll be buying at launch.

I'd rather have it in my hands NOW , a bit like the Nexus 7 16gb - the 32gb launched at the same price a few months later, but at least I've had that few months of use.

Better than waiting......

i'll be buying at launch.

I'd rather have it in my hands NOW , a bit like the Nexus 7 16gb - the 32gb launched at the same price a few months later, but at least I've had that few months of use.

Better than waiting......

3 days so it says in their terms.

Buying on launch kona786 16gb doesn't really bother me :)

Yup I will probably too - looking forward to the reviews...may just go with the 8GB too as it's not my main phone...£40 for an extra 8GB is hard to swallow.

Last edited:
It's always been software that has let LG down in my experience. Plus Google has yet to make a mess of a Nexus device to my knowledge, and I doubt they'd use the LG product if there were any likely issues.

Reviews should be out over the weekend / next week.

Not sure what to do now. At first I was set on getting one, I've already set up the mobilephonexchange deal at £165 (sgs2), so it just needs posting within 10 days.

But, my sgs2 is perfect. It's running the latest cm10, so 4.1.2, extended battery which does 2 days comfortably. It's snappier than my sisters sgs3 through the menus. The only reason I'm considering the N4 is because of the screen, but I never watch movies on a phone, and I never would on an N4.

I think I just want a new shiny toy, which is fine for someone interested in tech, but I just don't think I'd see any improvements :/

So I have ordered a recycle bag for my Galaxy SII through Asda phone recycle, £155.50 isn't bad and saves the hassle of trying to find a buyer. Doing it now as I am afraid the price of these types of phone will drop once word gets out of the N4 pricing.

Will have to use an old basic Nokia till I get my paws on the N4 though, but confident it will be worth it. :)

Not sure what to do now. At first I was set on getting one, I've already set up the mobilephonexchange deal at £165 (sgs2), so it just needs posting within 10 days.

But, my sgs2 is perfect. It's running the latest cm10, so 4.1.2, extended battery which does 2 days comfortably. It's snappier than my sisters sgs3 through the menus. The only reason I'm considering the N4 is because of the screen, but I never watch movies on a phone, and I never would on an N4.

I think I just want a new shiny toy, which is fine for someone interested in tech, but I just don't think I'd see any improvements :/

the screen will be better for web browsing, youtube HD, viewing pictures and miracast etc.

SGS2 screen was excellent though, so won't be an OMG difference.

Colour GAMUT is important though - ~100% like the iphone5 screen would be lovely!

Better multi-tasking due to 2GB RAM and quad core (assuming better optimised with 4.2)

Far better audio

Battery should be better on this (assuming good optimisation)

probably a slightly better camera

Much better screen in size and quality, which will be noticeable in things like browsing, games, pretty much everywhere, unless you prefer SAMOLED

Faster in things like web browsing, loading apps/game levels etc.

Only main advantage of the GS 2 so far is SD storage and probably 1080P video recording

Everyone rushing to get rid of their sgs2's. Have you actually tried a non-Samsung firmware? After all, cm10 is pretty much vanilla android which is what you'll see on the N4.

Or is it a case of just wanting something new?

On the subject of non-Samsung stuff. Can s-voice and s-memo be installed on vanilla Android?

Back
Top Bottom