***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
How much is the delivery charge just on the Nexus 4 bumper? Tempted by it but not paying silly money on it and then Google telling me they are goig to wait til the first lot have decayed to make new ones...

ps3ud0 :cool:

I've seen it on eb UK for a very reasonable £46+3.50 post.:eek:

Associate
Did anyone have any grief from O2 when buying their N4?

The OH has just come back from the store at Cheapside saying that they wouldn’t sell her the phone…..

I asked why and because they were sitting her down trying to get the SIM card registered and as I’m on Orange, she told them that she didn’t need one as the phone is unlocked…

They were quite horrid to her saying that she wasn’t to come back to the store because she was wrong and would only be a hassle tomorrow when they would have to do a refund.

Livid.

Did anyone else have to register the SIM card before buying the phone? Surely all you need to do is walk in, buy the phone and you’re good to go…

I was told it was locked when i said i was going to use a Three sim.. i said it wasnt.. she repeated it was and shouted to another member of staff who said it was locked too lol..

I then said get one out and i will show you.. she said she would have a word with the manager and went away for 5 mins.. she came back and said she would sell me the phone on the understanding she has made it clear she has informed me it is locked lol

Associate
Just say you already have an O2 micro sim and they won't ask you anything else.

Why would you all argue about being on other networks and if it is locked when you know it isn't. It is just silly.

Associate
Just say you already have an O2 micro sim and they won't ask you anything else.

Why would you all argue about being on other networks and if it is locked when you know it isn't. It is just silly.

It wasn't me getting the phone though. I didn't expect her to get bombarded with questions and because I told her it's unlocked, she's told them and then received a load of grief for her troubles. And I'm in the doghouse because of it. :(

Soldato
I don't think I've experienced a purchase as troublesome or as ridiculous in my entire life.

I called Google to cancel the 36 of 37 erroneous purchases, but for whatever reason they need to cancel all and I must re-order again... which takes my 1-2 week wait up to 5-6 weeks?

I think I'd have more luck buying a camel from an Eskimo.

Permabanned
OH was also told they where locked to O2 - I told her just buy it & say nowt. Best not to argue with them, let Evil O2 sit back thinking they have one up on you, when in fact they haven't. I know it's more than on the Play store, but meh, I have it now & not sat at my PC pressing F5 until the new year.

Put a Virgin Sim in mine & now enjoying unlimited everything on my UNLOCKED, are you listening O Poo, Nexus 4

Soldato
OH was also told they where locked to O2 - I told her just buy it & say nowt. Best not to argue with them, let Evil O2 sit back thinking they have one up on you, when in fact they haven't.

Yup best to act dumb and take it most of the time - unless they really hack you off then give it to them :D

When I was in o2 last week having a ganders at the N4, I overheard a o2 salesman telling a customer that Apple made the iPhone5 for £2.50 and sell it for £500 and that it's all profit. Customers believed it too. :o

Soldato
Going clockwise from midnight the camera functions are:

HDR - High Dynamic Range, will take 3 photos at different exposures and combine them to get correctly exposed areas of dark and light
Flash - On/Off/Auto
White balance - Auto or preset (indoor/outdoor etc)
Settings - Basic settings
Manual metering - You can step up or down the exposure +/-2 to suit. For example if you're taking a picture of something on a window sil and it's all blown out, manually dial it down
Change camera - Front/back

Caporegime
OH was also told they where locked to O2 - I told her just buy it & say nowt. Best not to argue with them, let Evil O2 sit back thinking they have one up on you, when in fact they haven't. I know it's more than on the Play store, but meh, I have it now & not sat at my PC pressing F5 until the new year.

Put a Virgin Sim in mine & now enjoying unlimited everything on my UNLOCKED, are you listening O Poo, Nexus 4
You really should take a pic of the phone display with your O2 receipt and post it on O2s twitter

Associate
Going clockwise from midnight the camera functions are:

HDR - High Dynamic Range, will take 3 photos at different exposures and combine them to get correctly exposed areas of dark and light
Flash - On/Off/Auto
White balance - Auto or preset (indoor/outdoor etc)
Settings - Basic settings
Manual metering - You can step up or down the exposure +/-2 to suit. For example if you're taking a picture of something on a window sil and it's all blown out, manually dial it down
Change camera - Front/back

Thanks. It's the white balance options I can't figure out.
Cloudy,
Sunny,
Auto,
???
???

Soldato
I don't think I've experienced a purchase as troublesome or as ridiculous in my entire life.

I called Google to cancel the 36 of 37 erroneous purchases, but for whatever reason they need to cancel all and I must re-order again... which takes my 1-2 week wait up to 5-6 weeks?

I think I'd have more luck buying a camel from an Eskimo.

Seriously going to blow a ****ing gasket here.

I now can't order one on my phone, laptop or pc because of a technical error.

I called Google several times, they can't explain as to why....

Again, tried several different Google accounts.

Does anyone have a sealed phone to sell please?

Caporegime
Seriously going to blow a ****ing gasket here.

I now can't order one on my phone, laptop or pc because of a technical error.

I called Google several times, they can't explain as to why....

Again, tried several different Google accounts.

Does anyone have a sealed phone to sell please?
Knowing how poor Google Plays ordering system is youve still probably got as much chance as anyone else here in getting phone, even if they seemed to have cancelled all your orders :p

Ask Craterloads - he seemed to have done the same as you, though I fully expect most people with a spare phone will be profiteering

Back
Top Bottom