***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
The wireless charging dock is gorgeous, it uses magnets to strap your device to the pad and tilts it at a usable angle, allowing you to spin it into landscape or portrait as you wish.

or1rI.jpg.png

Soldato
Having just bought a Galaxy Nexus (well, fairly recently), this is annoying! Prices are great, I was hoping you could get more than £150 for a GN trade-in but that seems about the mark.

Phone looks good. Sounds like it will be big, looking forward to the first reviews.

Caporegime
I just really hope the camera is as good as the GS 3/note II and X/S in terms of quality for video and photos otherwise it will be a no go for me :( And has some features (looks like it has plenty of great features though, just doesn't appear to have all the filter effects of sense, but I can live without them.....) It better have slow motion recording though! :p But I doubt it, as it wasn't mentioned :(

Can't wait to hear what the battery life is like.

not sure if worth of getting this instead of galaxy nexus

Say whaa.......... :confused:

:p

EDIT:

I thought magnets damaged mobile devices, like the screen etc.?

Last edited:
Soldato
Good shout, done. I am still messing around with it though.. so refresh every now and then ;)

Nice!

I was thinking in quotes like this...and above the videos, just under the specs...

Google Play said:
£239 8GB available here
£279 16GB available here

Release date: November 13th

Cool...finally. Good for tablets:

Multiple user accounts
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean for tablets adds multiple user-support to the OS. This way everyone in the household can have an account, which once logged in, welcomes them to their own homescreen, background, widgets and apps. Even the games keep the individual high scores and levels.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That is priced extremely aggressively, hopefully it doesn't have any major flaws (dodgy storage aside).

Hmm good point!

Remember the nexus 7 and its issues.......

Think it will be wise for people to hold of for a month or two to see if there any issues.

We will need Tom-D to get one and test it out :o :D :p

Associate
LG Optimus G got very good reviews to be honest, this is basically the same thing.. with a better skin on top of it.

Pure Android, only reason not to buy one is for lack of storage options and LTE.
Then again LTE is pointless in the UK right now.

Soldato
I was about to go out and buy a Huawei g300 for £100, but even though I struggle to justify an expensive phone (the risk of damage is too high), the 8GB N4 is now very tempting.

Ok, it's more than twice as much, but it brings top end hardware down to a price which is much, much easier to justify. And it might even replace my Nexus7 as my main Android device, so I guess in theory I could sell that, add the £100 I was about to spend, and still come out ahead.

Interesting times. It's going to be a cut-throat Xmas in the tech wars.

Back
Top Bottom