***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

OP should be easier to read now, lots of trimming done!

Lack of LTE doesn't really bother me since the prices are distortion in the UK at the moment, also the speeds of DC-HSPA with 3 are similar anyway.

At that price it'd be rude not to replace the Galaxy Nexus with this - providing it is upto scratch of course!

What's the best prcies people with a Galaxy Nexus have seen for trade-ins? I've just seen £115 on Mazuma.

At that price it'd be rude not to replace the Galaxy Nexus with this - providing it is upto scratch of course!

What's the best prcies people with a Galaxy Nexus have seen for trade-ins? I've just seen £115 on Mazuma.

Keep it. That's what I'm doing. It's a quality phone to have as a backup.

Using the compare recycling deals option on MoneySupermarket shows CeX to be offering £192 for a Gnex in mint condition.

Otherwise your looking at ASDA for £150

Last edited:
For the first time I am SERIOUSLY thinking of changing my phone mid-contract.... I would like to see a comparison between this and the S3. (not the current Nexus G v S3 comparison which is similar but has LG software on it.)

the lack of LTE is a massive oversight?
Given the cost premium, LTE is going to be a minor factor for quite a while, just like 3G was. Nice to have, sure, but it's a premium feature which -- frankly -- few people really need yet.

By the time LTE is a big mainstream deal (ie much cheaper) we'll be several generations of phone further into the future.

i still can't believe the price is that low! :o this will be a game changer, if samsung/motorola/htc want to keep selling their devices the prices will NEED to go down by a lot.

Given the cost premium, LTE is going to be a minor factor for quite a while, just like 3G was. Nice to have, sure, but it's a premium feature which -- frankly -- few people really need yet.

By the time LTE is a big mainstream deal (ie much cheaper) we'll be several generations of phone further into the future.
Thanks. I'm massively out of touch with mobile technology so just assumed everything would have it by now :)

Only decision now is do I swap an LG phone for an LG phone? Complete lack of support made me decide never to buy an LG phone ever again.

Using the compare recycling deals option on MoneySupermarket shows CeX to be offering £192 for a Gnex in mint condition.

Otherwise your looking at ASDA at £150

Sold! Mine is mint (screen protector and cover since "birth"!) Even £150 is still good considering I paid Vodafone £139 for the handset on a 12 month contract almost 12 months ago.

In all honesty, I wasn't at all excited about the Nexus 4 until the pricing was released!

Thanks. I'm massively out of touch with mobile technology so just assumed everything would have it by now :)

Only decision now is do I swap an LG phone for an LG phone? Complete lack of support made me decide never to buy an LG phone ever again.

As said, it may be built by LG but the software support and updates are all Google i.e. you get them first.

I really would like to see an S3 v N4 comparison.... How do the CPU and GPU's compare?

i still can't believe the price is that low! :o this will be a game changer, if samsung/motorola/htc want to keep selling their devices the prices will NEED to go down by a lot.

Unfortunately I can't see Samsung doing much......

As I said before they are very much like Apple now :p

HTC prices just keep dropping and dropping anyway :o

Back
Top Bottom